A summery of the 2016 Woodturning Challenges.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahamshed

Established Member
Reaction score
This year I thought we could do something a little different to try and encourage more entrants…… so I am not going to tell you what to make. <evil smile>
As with last year there will be four totally separate challenges which, for the sake of giving them a name, I will call the spring, summer, autumn and winter challenges again.

The Spring Challenge
This will run from the !st of January until March 27th. It will be judged by Paul Hannaby and the theme will be ‘Something turned from a 3 inch/75mm cube of wood

The Summer Challenge
This will run from April 1st until June 26th and be Judged by Richard Findley. The theme will be ‘ A single item made from at least 2 different types of wood.

The Autumn Challenge
This will run from the 1st of July to the 25th September and will be judged by Paul Hannaby. The theme will be ‘Piercing’

The Winter Challenge
This will run from the 1st of October until the 18th December and will be judged by Richard Findley. The theme will be ‘A Christmas Ornament’ ( bet you didn’t see that one coming ☺ )

Further details will be posted before the start of each challenge

Like the sound of this! Think I will have a go at the summer competition (for the project more than anything!) I can spend a couple of months getting a bit of practice in :D

Back