2010 Christmas card puzzles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carter Johnson

Established Member
Reaction score
I fully realize that this posting will make me appear more insane than you might previously have thought, but....I was in book store a few days ago casually looking for Christmas cards for next year's puzzles - and I found them! I bought 108 of them and just couldn't resist mounting a couple and cutting out the first of what will surely be close to 100 in a year.

There are 24 animals and 8 birds in this picture. Coupled with the snowy trees, the rocks and the water, it makes a great picture for color-line cutting. Below is a photo of my first one, which will only have minimum alterations as I proceed. I've set aside a few of the cutouts among the 25 or so pieces. It's a little different - but a lot of phun.

Happy Thanksgiving........ Carter

378457881.jpg

Hello Carter,

This is so exquisite. :)
Looks ever so fragile as well, the deers is particular. Are they?

Booh to those who think you are insane to stock up. I haven't ordered my first saw yet, but I have already purchased 13 wall calendars (that's 156 large pictures) and well over 150 postcards... :shock:

My first jigsaw won't be to your standards, however I think I'll post it with pride for all to have a good laugh :lol: I anticipate that it will be one foot square with up to 9, possibly even 16 pieces. :lol:

Eda, it's surprising but it's much more sturdy than it looks. The 1/4", 5-ply poplar that I use holds up very well. The deer's legs don't wiggle at all and it would have to fall quite a few feet to break. The same is true for Balic birch at that thickness.

My granddaughter who just turned six put this together with no problem, even though the pieces fit very tight.

Great phun..... Carter

Latest posts

Back