20% Off All Festool Products at FFX Via Their Ebay Site

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you - I think :)
I've just bought a Domino XL.

I can't find the domino systainer though. Axi have it but the voucher is not valid for them, unfortunately. Still, it's not the end of the world, I make my own dominoes by the metre. If a woody can't mill up a stick accurately, there is no hope really, is there?

Steve Maskery":2ibivfwn said:

I can't find the domino systainer though. Axi have it but the voucher is not valid for them, unfortunately. Still, it's not the end of the world, I make my own dominoes by the metre. If a woody can't mill up a stick accurately, there is no hope really, is there?
Don't know what sizes you're after 8/10 or 12/14 but, if you can find it on FFX.co.uk, copy and paste whatever it's called there into the bay (ideally their shop page) and it may turn up.

For something costing around 150 you may find it cheaper elsewhere even with 20% off. The £12 shipping FFX like to add on has made the difference on more than one occasion for me anyway.

Steve Maskery":257hom9x said:

Same could be said for forming a traditional tenon aswell- lololol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ooh, cutting :)
You are absolutely right, of course, and I have the means to do so well. But I have 6 doors to do and quite frankly I'd rather be doing other things. This will make the job a lot less unpalatable.

Well I hope you all enjoy your expensive toys.

My festool quick clamps arrived and I'm very pleased. No sign of my record extractor yet!

Saw arrived, tracks didn't :evil:

Hopefully, they arrive tomorrow as it said package 2 of 2 on the box and I just assume the courier left it at the depot.

thick_mike":ijbg7kva said:
I had a new green vacuum cleaner delivered today.
Mine has yet to be dispatched but, handily, the remote, bigger hose and spare bags are all on their way. I'll live.

The sander that I ordered yesterday morning turned up today, despite being given an expected delivery date of 6th August when order was placed via the FFX Ebay shop. Take any initial delivery dates with a pinch of salt.

Last call ... voucher for 20% off FFX Ebay store purchases expires at 11:59pm tomorrow (Friday), so take advantage if you need to.

Tracks arrived today, :)

Someone told me I need to pick up another rail connector if I wanted super solid rails so I went to buy another through eBay using the code to get 20% off of course. Needed to spend a minimum of £25 and the rail connector was only £14... Only natural thing to do was buy a new Makita Jigsaw as well :lol: Been using a really good, old Bosch jigsaw up until now which has done everything I've asked of it, the only problem with it is that it's 110v so lugging around a transformer just for the jigsaw is a bit pants. May as well take advantage of the deal whilst I can, that's the art of the deal :wink:

220px-Trump_the_art_of_the_deal.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I parted with cash for a Triton Spindle/Belt Sander. Arrives tomorrow apparently.

The guys at work have also been filling their boots...

I should add, dont just assume you're still getting things for the best price even with the 20% discount. FFX put most of their prices up on ebay. I was looking at the small Rcord belt/disc sander BDS150, it's on their ebay site for £186 down to £149 after the offer, £176 on their actual website, £160 on Records website and just £143.20 if you do a google search and it popped up on Fat Llama, the same place I got my Record BS250 bandsaw for £221 rather than the £260+ everywhere else.

MY DX1000 arrived.

It appears to have arrived at someone elses house first...
48322140372_a644732dbd_c.jpg

Original box tattered to hell, polystyrene busted, paint chip, several dents, yellow top bit is no longer circular, dust port is bent on the right.

Oh and the manual had a bloody boot print on the back.

It seems to work so i'd accept a bit of a refund rather than the ballache of sending it back and getting a replacement in.

My Domino XL has just arrived.

You would think, would you not, given that it is a grand's worth of kit, that they would include a handful of Dominoes to get you started?

The first thing anyone wants to do with a new toy is to try it out. There is even a couple of trays for them, but they are empty.

A few bits of wood, that is all it would take to put a big smile on a customer's face. Tightwads.

Steve Maskery":v6bwt404 said:
A few bits of wood, that is all it would take to put a big smile on a customer's face. Tightwads.

It's a bit like the "No batteries included" problem at Christmas :lol: Our local shop opens up for a couple of hours on Christmas day and the main seller that day is batteries, and booze second :wink:

At least my jigsaw came with 6 various blades! I was really expecting one single blade.

So FFX couldn't get me a replacement Dx1000 till about the 8th of August.

So I bought a 1997 dx4000 (it's even blue!) which I collect on Friday. Should do a better job even if it is old.

Got to laugh, the specs on the side of it are identical to the specs of the new dx4000 you can buy today!

Back