2 Oak Chests of Drawers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim

Established Member
Reaction score
These are two identical oak chests of drawers I made for my sister and brother in law. The last project to come out of my workshop before I say goodbye to all my tools.

2598259289_7011eb0aa2_o.jpg

2598259619_a70c5f8ca9_o.jpg

They are 1300x800x450mm. The drawer boxes are Ash and dovetailed to the oak drawer fronts. They ride on Blum Tandem Bluemotion slides. Finished with Osmo PolyX satin.

The legs are angled. I found this impossible to capture with the camera, so here is a snap from my Sketchup model to show the shape of the legs.

2598259841_0897f6bcf2_o.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I like those Simon, my kind of stuff =D>

The proportions look good, like the decreasing height of the drawers as you go upwards and the clean lines generally.

Just looks "right" and well balanced and pleasing to the eye.

Cheers, Paul :D

Very, very nice Simon.

Not too sure about the angled legs but I really like the angled edge to the top and the way it sits on the carcass.

I might just nick that feature!

I see you've solved the problem of using traditional dovetailed drawers with concealed runners. I've never had the patience and just use a biscuited box and planted front. Your piccies have inspired me to have another go, though.

Cheers
Dan

Lovely work :D
I think oak is a beautiful timber anyway,and your choice of handles is just enough contrast to finish it off excellently.

Andrew

Excellent work Simon, very neat dovetails! :wink:

Is it all solid oak or have you used veneered MDF for the sides and back? The idea of putting a bevel on one face of the legs is interesting... But I imagine it's hard to do it justice with any photographs; it would be best to see it in person, I suppose. How did you do it, by the way? Using a jig for your thicknesser?

Good pair of chest of drawers, what are the drawer sides made from...not pine I hope, difficult to tell from the pics - Rob

Lovey Simon, those knobs sure work well with the oak and the drawer sizes. A very fitting last job before the move :wink: :D

Thanks very much for the kind words guys.

Olly - Yes, the sides are veneered MDF. The legs were just cut ont the tablesaw with the blade set to 10 degrees, and then finished with a couple of passes over the planer.

Very nice Simon.

I think the undercut top and bevelled legs look superb.

Cheers

Karl

I like. Nice clean lines, unfussy, but with interest. They look superbly made.

Latest posts

Back