2 more

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windows20

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all
had a afternoon on the lathe yesterday.done 2 bowls 1 in elm that was 10" which is the most i could do on my lathe and the 2nd in black walnut and that is 8".

IMAGE_056.jpg

IMAGE_057.jpg

andy

That's what I like to see :lol:

Nice and chunky , substance :wink:

No point in turning a nice piece of wood into a pile of shavings :wink:

hi all
this is my latest piece and with this 1 i managed not to leave any lines from the turning.it is a piece of spalted lime and was very happy how it turned out.
CIMG0314.jpg

CIMG0315.jpg

hope you like
andy

Nice bowls Andy,
focusing on the camera needs to be looked at though.
You might be a little too close to the bowls to enable the camera's autofocus to operate successfully move back a little and they should be a bit sharper.
Good on the wood though. :lol:

John. B

thanks guys i just love this turning lark now.
going to have a play with the camera today to try and sort pics out.
next thing to try now is hollowing,just ordered Multi-Tip Hollowing Tool – RS200KT so will be playing with that next so look out for more pics.
andy

Hi Andy,

Quite a difficult profile to start on the early days ! quite a tight transition from side to base,

Give us a few details, are you mounting on a chuck ? or face plate, Are you reversing the peice to clean up from a plate, removal of spigot, or using a recess and decorating, removing it ?

How is lime to turn ? - i never had any.

Cheers

Loz,

ps - see if youre camera has a "macro" button for close up shots.

loz dont know if i am doing it rite way,first id do the out side mounted on the screw that came with the chuck,then cut the recess for the chuck.to do inside i do as normal to get it tight to the side i come from the centre to the side,then from the top to the bottom keeping the gouge on the bevel.doing it this way you got to be very carefull as the gouge digs in.
with my lathe its a pane to turn as i need to lean over the bed all the time,and the tail stock keeps getting in the way.as for the lime its nice to turn and the smell is lovely.
hope that help
andy

Back