2 chairs, 2 satisfied customers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedee

Established Member
Reaction score
I've not had much time to post much of late due to our pending move but I have at last finished the two chairs

The chairs had 3 coats of Ronseal Diamond Hard Light Oak Varnish. Can't say that I enjoyed applying it but for a pair of children's chairs I think they have come out not too bad. That stuff seems to take an age to brush out though.

A shot of two happy customers (left and right). The one in the middle is the original.

DSCN5179.jpg

I could not work out an effective way of cutting the shallow morticers for the back rests to sit in as on the orginal so they are fitted flush with the sides with a dowel to prevent movement. Nuts and bolts hold them tight.

DSCN5180.jpg

DSCN5181.jpg

There was a lot more work involved in working out the subtleties of these chairs than I had originally imagined. For example the gentle slope on seat and foot rest, the different angles of the two back rests, and the criticality of getting the widths of the wooden bits spot on such that those metal tie bars pull the sides in and hold it all firm.

The smiles make it all worth while of course.

Andy[/list]

Interesting chairs Andy and they look nice - despite the varnish :wink: :D

Looks like the photo session was pretty loud :lol:

Back