2 Bag Dust Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattp

Reaction score
Hello,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this but I am looking to upgrade my extraction for my spindle moulder. Currently running a Startrite cyclair 75 and need to upgrade it to a 2 bag system with 3 ports.

Theres a couple Ive been looking at the Scm/Minimax variant and the New wadkin burnsgreen one from advanced machinery and also a cheaper draper one. However they all seem to be the exact same specs and sizes and all look almost identical but the price and stock ranges alot. From £400odd for the draper to nearly £900 for the wadkin does anyone know if there is actually any difference in these machines or not.

Thanks

They could be all the same although the Minimax says light duty but the Wadkin claims heavy duty 🤔

Going on my past experience I wouldn't buy anything from AMS.

If I was getting a new extractor I would be looking at one with a cartridge filter on top rather than a bag.

Have you seen the range at Scott and Sargeant, they seem quite popular and always helpful @ScottandSargeant

Thankyou, Would problem have you had with AM? I've bought a couple of things from there and they came next day no issues

Thankyou, Would problem have you had with AM? I've bought a couple of things from there and they came next day no issues

It was nothing serious just some bad customer service.

I ordered an item from them which was £20, I needed it urgently so paid about an extra £10 for guaranteed next day delivery.

When it turned up they had dispatched the wrong item (worth about £150) , the invoice etc showed the correct details of what I'd ordered . I called them and they questioned if I was sure so I had to email photos to prove it.

I had to pay to return the wrong item so they would dispatch the correct one, I can't remember how much postage was, I paid a bit more for the insured option because of the value.

I eventually got the correct item after about a week but they didn't seem bothered that I had paid extra for guaranteed next day delivery as I needed it ASAP, also despite being told that I would be reimbursed for the postage returning the wrongly sent item I never was.

I'm sure most people would have just kept the higher value item and said nothing but no I tried to do the right thing and ended up out of pocket.

Like I say nothing serious but it wasted some of my time and raised my blood pressure so I won't be using them again 😐

Back