18mm MDC Suppliers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewm

Established Member
Reaction score
Whenever kitchen units are mentioned on these forums the use of 18mm MDC seems to be recommended. But can anyone recommend anywhere around Cambridge where I might be able to get a couple of sheets, or three or four. Local builders merchant only has a small range of furniture boards.

Now, I know that the standard recommendation is that it is not worth building carcasses yourself but of the six that I need (four base and two wall units) at least two of the base units are going to have to be built to suit the available space. If I am gearing up for cutting those panels then I might as well do them all and have matching units.

Most of the places that I have found seem to either sell it by the pallet, have a high minimum order value or high delivery charges that would be fine if I was buying in bulk but not for three or four sheets. If they were 2440 x 1220 sheets then I may be able to collect but the larger sizes may be a bit difficult.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Andrew

What finish are you looking for? just plain white or a woodgrain.

BTW its MFC Melamine Faced Chipboard.

Jason

Woodgrain, probably something light like a birch, ash or maple.

I don't know why I wrote MDC. Spelling chucker didn't find it either.

Andrew

I know that both Edens and Richard Russell will deliver to your area but not sure on costs for small amounts.

Both these companies keep the basic woodgrains in 8x4 such as oak, ash, maple ,beech as well as a bigger choice in the large format sheets. They also have matching iron on edging.

Jason

jasonB":1yupni5v said:
I know that both Edens and Richard Russell will deliver to your area but not sure on costs for small amounts.

Both these companies keep the basic woodgrains in 8x4 such as oak, ash, maple ,beech as well as a bigger choice in the large format sheets. They also have matching iron on edging.

Jason

Edens has a branch in Dunstable which is not too far away.I work with someone who lives there but their pricelist seems to suggest that the minimum order quantity is 100, unless single sheets are not priced. I shall give them a call on Monday.

Thanks,

Andrew

they usually have 3 price bands a small amount £100-£250 is a higher rate to cover delivery costs.

J

Latest posts

Back