14" Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipster100

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum but looking forward to many posts.

I've just completed building my workshop and now looking to kit it out with a new shiny bandsaw :D I've read a few reviews but not sure which bandsaw to buy, I have a budget of arround £800 but could stretch this further if I was going to get a much more suprior machine for not to much more money.

I'm busy renovating my house so will be making doors, bookcases etc......

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers all
Pipster

You should consider the Record range, from the BS300 up to the BS400, but that model would be £888.99if you buy at a show where Record are presenting. Thought I saw a show in Wadebridge recently ...... here it is http://www.recordpower.co.uk/shows# or Contact Record and ask for the show dates. Those shows also offer free delivery. The BS 400 is a great machine with a 12" cut depth, but it may be stretching the purse strings a little. The next one down is the BS350S. You can read a review from a buyer on this forum.
Good luck
Alex
( Ex Newquay)

I absolutely love my Record Power BS 350S. There's a lot of recent discussions on the subject, but your request is unusual in that your budget nails it! :)

Best new bandsaw you can get for the price, cast iron tables, cast iron drive wheels, tensioner lever and gauge, good power in the motor, and a long guarantee. I could go on, but I've done that in other posts all over the forum! There will be a chorus of "buy a good blade from Tuffsaws" coming up soon too, and they're not wrong. The Record comes with a decent blade (a bit coarse and aggressive for some jobs), but an excellent blade from Tuffsaws makes a noticable difference. It is extremely easy to change blades on due to the tensioning lever too.

A whole hearted recommendation for the 350S from me, you've caught the spring promo too - http://www.recordpower.co.uk/product/premium-14-bandsaw

Out of curiousity, what dust extractor will you use with it?

Nic.

Back