UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
once i get sorted from my other projects, i am going to try some intarsia's using static flock, i made an applicator so i can use the static grass on my model railway, but you can also get the flock in a range of colours and lengths,

Anyone had experience with cutting thick leather on their scrollsaw?

Nope, not tried that. Depending on thickness and "hardness" I GUESS it would be best sandwiched between a couple of sheets of dense (not corrugated) cardboard. But never tried myself.

In answer to a previous post I did say that I have cut thin-ish cork (perhaps 10 mm) before. "Crumbly" cheapo table mats, sheet (better quality) cork, and wine bottle corks (unused, "cork cork", not plastic).

In all cases, it went "OK" (I think I used about a No. 5 skip tooth blade), but quite honestly I don't think the cuts were any better than would have been achieved with a very sharp modeller's scalpel.

AES

I was thinking of something like 15oz leather, which I believe is about 5-6mm thick. I reckon it would be stiff enough on its own?

Back