1/2" sub £200 best router reccomendations please!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of continental stuff is 12mm. An 8mm can be handy, as for smaller cutters 8mm are often the same price or very little different to 1/4", and heavier built. Some smaller routers will take 8mm as well. Sometimes 8mm stuff can be picked up in sales, as well. The thing is, there's little point in buying something supplied with a collet you'll never use then the following day having to buy another one. They tend not to be cheap.

+1 for the Triton. However, mine suffers regularly from sticky stanchions despite regular cleaning. Three times I've had to strip it down to release them.

You can buy collet sleeves which convert a 1/2 to any of the other sizes. Doesn't matter the brand of router, they are universal. Trend sell them.

I also use a triton in one table but don't abuse it. I have had 2 blow up in 2 years due to others trying to take to much off too quick. I also have the big dewalt (basically the trend t11ek but yellow) in another table. Those that abuse are only allowed to use this table and router and up to yet it has stood up to them.

The triton in the other table has been in there for many of years. The case that holds the spindle lock has snapped due to someone over tightening it but it still works great if changing bit is a bit tricky now .

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back