Why I bother to wear a dust mask

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
______
______Coarse filtercollection results from turning a couple of dozen , mostly small items.
______100mm close proximity large volume extractor and 9" Expelair running at the same time.
______No discernable airborne dust in the shop whilst turning.
______
______Mask also worn whilst cleaning up shavings and floor debris with 100mm extractor and Shop Vac after each turning session.
_______
_______ ______________Click on image for larger view.

That's the stuff Chas,that does all the damage :shock:
Good piccy.
You could see by the piccy i put on LWs post,that the heavier particles were just falling on the bench,it's the very fine dust in that filter that you don't see but breathe in all to easy :roll:

good pic Chas- its also worth keeping in mind that the smallest the human eye can see (unassisted) is 5 micron the size of dust which does most harm to your respiratory system is between 5 and 1 micron. even if you cant see any dust it doesnt mean that its not there.

Paul.J":2aieao40 said:
That's the stuff Chas,that does all the damage :shock:
Good piccy.
You could see by the piccy i put on LWs post,that the heavier particles were just falling on the bench,it's the very fine dust in that filter that you don't see but breathe in all to easy :roll:

Message received and understood :oops: :oops: Belt and braces from now on :wink:

This is why I never step inside the turning shed without a mask and always keep it on until I leave.

If I'm ever tempted to take it off I just think - If there was someone in the shed with some potentially fatal contagion such as SARS, would I take the mask off?

Did not give up smoking to get lung diseases from dust...lol
Have put a good respirator mask on my birthday want list...
Need to drop lots of hints... :lol:
Set up my dust extractor yesterday but as it has been pointed out
already on the forum it is not enough..

Back