Tree surgeon needed RM20/Thurrock

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No skills

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, looks like the recent winds have been too much for the oversized eucalyptus in the back garden and it needs to come down.

Anybody know of any good people in or near the Thurrock area before I start phoning round?

Bang goes my new sander :cry:

Cheers!

May be worth trying to find a contractor via the trade association. Neighbour found a contarctor that way and was pleasantly surprised by cost and professionalism.

No usefull pictures yet - too dark after work, early finish tomorrow so I'll try again.

First quotes in - £600 to stabilise it for now, and cut down to 8' when hes available, only need to move a shed/greenhouse/fence and make an access way...

Oh and another £100 if I want it cut to the ground and the stump killed.

My daughter and husband "inherited" a diseased Beech when they moved house this spring.

Taken down just before the recent storms - £1.2k but the Tree Surgeon reckons there's at least £1k worth of firewood?

ahebamyp.jpg

yhe9aryn.jpg

py8abeta.jpg

I think the Honey Fungus shows on the cut trunk?

Rod

Rod,

That's a beast, 1.2k :shock: :shock:

I should have some work being done to my tree at the end of the week to help steady it, having trouble getting my head round the prices at the moment for the rest of the job. :(

Still, gives me an excuse to by a saw to cut some logs up with :wink:

No skills":efry3r48 said:
No usefull pictures yet - too dark after work, early finish tomorrow so I'll try again.

First quotes in - £600 to stabilise it for now, and cut down to 8' when hes available, only need to move a shed/greenhouse/fence and make an access way...

Oh and another £100 if I want it cut to the ground and the stump killed.
How much????? :shock: :shock:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to hire a ladder and a chainsaw? :lol:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to hire a ladder and a chainsaw?

Cheaper and most certainly more dangerous. When you hire a decent tree surgeon you are paying for more than the use of his tools. I have been to several jobs where the customer has hurt themself or caused damage trying to undertake the work themselves without the proper tools or skills. One guy broke his back falling only about 3 metres from a willow.

No skills - I'm a tree surgeon (not in your area) but if you post some photos I can say whether that is a fair quote or not.

Rich

Certainly more dangerous, had an accident two years ago whilst working on the tree - still get a bad neck sometimes because of it. Got away quite light considering I was up around 15' when I came down.

I keep promising pictures and will try to do it today. I was expecting around £500 to be honest. Theres also a lot of other agro to go with it, taking down a greenhouse/shed/fence/clearing the end of the neighbours garden for access - cant take it out through my garage as I'm 3/4 of the way through lining it out as a workshop.

SIL is a roofer and has a large tower that I can borrow but not till the end of next month as its on a job, assuming the tree stays up in all this wind :shock: :evil: :( I'm going to have a go at removing some of the branches that are causing a problem. The tree itself is quite un-balanced in the way its grown (and maintained no doubt), this combined with the high winds has caused it to shift.

Should I deem things remotely iffy once I have the tower and have a look then I'll have to get a pro in to do it, and kiss good by to my holiday this year.

I had a willow in my back garden that was too close to the house for comfort.

A friend had a wood-burning stove.

He paid for the tree surgeon, and took the wood for his stove.

I paid nothing, and did nothing except watch the excellent professional job done by the man with the chainsaw.

I was rather pleased with myself and the world in general =D> :wink:

They had various quotes - the highest being £2.6k !

The annoying thing is that the previous owner must have known about the tree as the neighbours on the other side did?
The Tree Surgeon also found a wire fence going through the middle of it ( damaging his saw) so I reckon my daughter didn't own all of it?
But the two neighbours at the back kept quiet about that!
Ah well better to be safe than sorry - large branches had been falling off all summer.

Rod

Back