Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By Alder
I am not over enamoured with gripping ability of the fence on my Metabo bandsaw. I have a spare fence off an extinct Elu tablesaw but it is wrong handed.
Does anyone use a fence from the reverse side to the conventional side, provided it is long enough of course?
Russell
By Lazurus
I have my fence on the R/H side of the blade, it is then easy to remove if required, how do you mean "grippy" is the fence moving from its position on the table?
By Alder
Yes, it can and does move from its place on the table hence the question. I have know tried the alternate fence on the opposite face by merely clamping it on, and this has given me a degree of success. I will make another attempt with a Bessey Klick clamp which is possibly more suitable for the task than the one i did use. (aldi)
Russell
By MikeG.
I made a secondary clamp for my bandsaw fence (at the opposite end) with a powerful over-centre catch, and fixed some non-slip stuff to the underside. Between the two, the fence is now rock solid.
By Alder
It is the over-centre catch which is the cause of my problem. I will look to try your solution Mike.
Thank you.
Russell
By Alder
I have a piece of used Abranet under the over centre catch and the grip is more solid.
Once again Mike Thank you
Russell.