It's been a bad week... it's been a good week.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
The bad bit - my runaway wheelchair hit the flowerbed and stopped. I didn't - I pitched forward into the lawn amputation first. Fortunately the wound was just old enough and strong enough not to open up although it and a badly stretched hamstring have seriously upped the morphine intake. I thought for a horrible minute that I was going to make the record books for four leg amputations.

The good news - No. 1 child got a B.Sc 2.1 from Exeter. :D

Bloody hell, mate. Be careful.

Now, get No.1 child to invent you a seatbelt and some airbags for those ''stunt moments''.

Good point, and well made. However, it would make for a much better YouTube, I reckon. :-D

hope the pain subsides, but the burning question is was anybody filming it at the time and can you get £250 from you've been framed :D

Blimey, careful Phil! I'm with you on the judicious use of safety gear. Always wear a belt when driving because tbh you'd be an silly person not to really but not sure I'd fancy it in a chair as you say.
Sidenote: Got a written warning the other week for working without my helmet on. (reported by the security guard so fat he got out of breath getting out his chair to let us in the building, not sure he could spell ironic). On a weekend with no one about in glass atrium in what must have been 35+ temps. (Think doing circuit training in a tropical greenhouse.) I explained that actually, having so much sweat pouring into my eyes so they burned and I couldn't see while hanging off a 10mm rope constituted a greater risk than me banging my head on the notion of general head protection fell on deaf ears.... :roll: That was the day I went to the pub after work coincidentally! :wink:
Glad you're ok.
Congratulations to your Daughter also. =D>

I remember 1973 when they just started to think about safety. These were the days when if you were not liked you got a five foot she bolt dropped from a hundred feet to land a few feet in front of you - you were quiet for the day if it happened before breakfast. You very quickly learned who not to offend. We were working carrying stuff across fifteen foot, four inch angle irons a hundred feet off the ground ... and the powers that were decided we should wear safety helmets. :D
The safety people threatened to pull my friend's men off a job for not wearing helmets - they were painting skirtings in a school.

Back