Update on my website

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brace yourself, I've just been reading the pedantry thread....

I've only looked at the 'About us' page and there are a few problems, after the large picture of the popcorn bar all the upper text is repeated as well as some formatting text that should be hidden. This is on IE 11/Win7.

The pictures look good and the website is quite inviting.

I like the sit but like Mike said there is a lot of text that should be hidden, I thought that you should have terms and conditions page and an address showing.

Just had a look and was quite impressed by the display.
I use Linux as my OS and everything appears ticketyboo.
I am not too keen on the strike through pricing. I would delete the strike through and say 'Now Reduced' or just 'Reduced'.
Just me of course but I leave it to you.

take care
Don W

Nice clean layout & good pix. But (sorry!) quite a lot of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling mistakes.

I'm not saying that I am/am not an English pedant - I do care about what I write, but that's just me - if I can understand what's written by others on here then I don't much care. But as I suppose that your web site is designed to appeal to every potential customer, if it was my site then I wouldn't like the thought that some customers may be turned off by some careless English - they may say to themselves something like "if he can't spell "opportunity" properly then perhaps he can't read a measurement properly either".

BTW, crazy as it sounds, some university or other (I think it was Harvard) did a study about proof reading and they found that if proof reading on screen then a good way to pick up errors is to display 1 full page on screen then read it backwards (i.e. R to L, Bott to Top)! Sounds crazy I know, but back in the day when stuff I wrote HAD to be accurate I tried it and it does work.

No offence meant, non taken I hope, HTH.

AES

Hi,

Looks nice and clean. Website is Wordpress based with a theme?

You need to add a plugin for cookie consent to comply with UK Law.

Add Capatcha to your contact page or you will get spammed to death.

Turn off commenting for anyone other than a registered user.

The addition of Jetpack will help in many ways.

Yoast SEO will also help you monitor the site and get you up in the search engines. Forget that, just viewed the page source and you have it installed.

Jon.

Absolutely correct monkeybiter. Typo, my fault, and no I didn't read my post backwards before pressing Submit!

And as you say, entirely relevant (and justified comment too)!

AES

With strike through pricing, when were the items sold at the higher prices?

If they weren't and you effectively say they have been, you are breaking trading standards.

Agree also with the grammar and spelling. Aswel at least (repeated in post above and on site) should be as well.

Also hiding your menu structure is all very well for some, most won't find it. What's wrong with simple visible links?

Phil

the 'garden furniture' section should come up with the item in the photo, then say 'sold out' and show how much it sold for, you could also use it as an opportunity to tell people if they want another one it will cost x amount and take x amount of time to build, that or don't have it on the website until it's available again.

Back