PARKSIDE 12V Cordless Multi-Grinder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple of Lidl's Parkside tools and have to say that for the money they have all been OK to excellent. I did buy the little 12v grinder on the last offer but I returned it as it as the chuck spindle was out of balance and vibrated. I would have swapped it but they had all sold out so a refund was given.

But, apart from the vibration on that particular one, it seemed to be very well made with a nice rubberised grip finish, smooth variable speed control and a good solid feel. At £16.95, it is stonking value. I would get one, try it and if it doesn't come up to spec, take it back for a refund. Like all Lidl (and Aldi) stuff it comes with a 3 year warranty and a cast iron refund policy.

+1 for the above comments.

I have no experience of that particular Lidl tool, but have bought several others, and agree 100% with all the above comments.

At the prices Lidl (and Aldi) charge for their tools, AND with their absolutely no quibble guarantee, you really do have nothing to use - assuming you're not a professional earning his bread and butter from his tools on a daily basis (and here anyway, I've often seen blokes dressed just like tradesmen with vans parked outside walking out of these shops with various hand tools).

AES

Thanks Simou1. I've got at least half a dozen different Parkside tools for woodworking and have been very happy with all of them but I've never used a multi grinder before so had no idea what makes a good one or a bad one. As you say, for £16.95 it's got to be worth getting :)

Thanks AES.

I have had quite a few of the Parkside stuff, and largely have been impressed (sometimes amazed for the price), but that little 12v machine was pretty underwhelming to me. It really does feel as cheap as it's price - it still works though, but I wouldn't expect too much from it!

i need to stop going to Lidl when the other half goes shopping, i always come away with something, i picked up the 12v grinder today... along with the 276 piece tool kit for it., some forstner bits & step drills.

im impressed with the 12v, its super quiet, yes its not a heavy duty tool, i have had the same dremel for 18 years, its brilliant & been used every week since i bought it, but its 18 years old & i keep thinking it could pack in at any moment, it cost me £100 back then.
The £16 lidl with the 3 year warranty will be a handy back up as im always trying to do a job at home & realizing i left my dremel in my workshop 20 minutes drive away.. there is a form in the box to mail order more batteries for it for £12 each (max buy 5).

i have a few of their tools now, i tend to keep them at home for the simpler diy jobs, but non of them have been a bad buy..

giantbeat":2ucy14dj said:
i need to stop going to Lidl when the other half goes shopping, i always come away with something, i picked up the 12v grinder today... along with the 276 piece tool kit for it., some forstner bits & step drills.

im impressed with the 12v, its super quiet, yes its not a heavy duty tool, i have had the same dremel for 18 years, its brilliant & been used every week since i bought it, but its 18 years old & i keep thinking it could pack in at any moment, it cost me £100 back then.
The £16 lidl with the 3 year warranty will be a handy back up as im always trying to do a job at home & realizing i left my dremel in my workshop 20 minutes drive away.. there is a form in the box to mail order more batteries for it for £12 each (max buy 5).

i have a few of their tools now, i tend to keep them at home for the simpler diy jobs, but non of them have been a bad buy..

At the price batteries compared to the tool cost I often wonder if it is better to just buy 2 so then you have a spare tool and a spare battery.

i had a dremel 10.8v tool that was similar to this. It was dreadful compared to the main version- absolutely useless for most things that the mains one would eat up. That said, for the price it may be useful for some tasks.

marcros":2z0bkjsj said:
i had a dremel 10.8v tool that was similar to this. It was dreadful compared to the main version- absolutely useless for most things that the mains one would eat up. That said, for the price it may be useful for some tasks.

I tend to agree, I have an older cordless tool like this as well as a couple of or corded dremel knock offs and a foot pedal controlled professional grade flexshaft. They all have their place and their pro's and con's. For anything required power or long run time then I use the mains tools, for detail work and really heavy work I use the flexshaft but the little cordless is very handy for quick jobs. No need to worry about cables and it is very easy to control, I especialy like it for polished small awkward areas of jewellery for instance, the necessary light touch is a bonus here.

Thanks again for all your help.
I ended up buying the grinder and the box of assorted cutters and a couple of the small packs of cutters/grinders,etc.

Back