Sports Direct

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just went to purchase something from Sports Direct and noticed they have some really useful delivery/pick up options!

Standard Delivery : £4.99
Collect in store : £4.99
Pick Up Location : £5.99

What! .. the! ... duck!

Although if you do collect in store, you get a *free* £5 voucher ... to spend in store. How nice of them

Certainly dubious, especially the charge to collect in store - I'm sure they would cover that with "we have to pay to ship your item to your local store, but we give you a voucher" - to which you can easily reply, "but the voucher still means you have my money, and you move stock around to your outlets ALL THE TIME, one extra box to a particular store's delivery schedule add's nothing to the cost."

Worth throwing under trading standards nose, if you feel inclined, because plenty of other retail outlets move stock around to fill a customers request at no extra charge. It's an obvious customer gouging tactic.

What would you expect from a business run by Mike Ashley??
I avoid the store on principle of not putting money in his coffers.

It really boils my pee when I have to pay to print out a ticket at home!

Trouble is there is usually no option or you pay exorbitant postage :evil:

I used to contract clean the windows at a few of the big shops like Lillywhites in Piccadilly.
The way they treat their regular staff (not me) is far worse than how they treat their customers.
Scumbags.

The only way I would put a pound in that man's pocket was if it was gunpowder and I had a spare fuse going free. Even then I'd borrow a match to light it..

It is not just Sports Direct (and if it upsets you you can always buy your sports stuff elsewhere).

I have just been charged £1.95 to collect a concert ticket because there was not enough time to post it.

Back