Jug - for critique

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlequin

Established Member
Reaction score
Materials - Banksia nut, boxwood and rosewood.
With a slightly middle eastern tone.
Finish - Danish oil and wax.
Comments welcome.

As you were governed by the nut dimensions I think it has turned out very nice , nice contrast between the colours , Has a stylish elegance =D>

Regardless of the form I applaud the achievement in using a Banksia Nut, I can't think of a basic stock material that I'd rather steer clear of.

CHJ":2spck5pe said:
Regardless of the form I applaud the achievement in using a Banksia Nut, I can't think of a basic stock material that I'd rather steer clear of.

So your not keen on fluff and dust Chas :mrgreen:

Blister":3hu2yyfu said:
So your not keen on fluff and dust Chas :mrgreen:

Just filled two 55 gallon incinerator drums full of fine sanding dust and shavings today awaiting the clearing of the hay field behind us and appropriate wind direction so that I don't smoke cure the neighbors, and gave the extractors a birthday, not a job I relish but I'll tackle the same any day rather than spin up one of those evil beasts.

Back on topic, good finish and clean distinct detail of the segments, certainly hits the novelty spot.
Not sure the lid, straight sided cone? quite blends in with the body form curve in close-up but that's being picky.

Very cleaver to be able to keep the coffee in with such enthusiastic cooling features.

Thanks All

Apart from the dust - turning itself was not that difficult.
Sharp tools are essential and surprisingly easy to hollow out (used the munro on this)
The top to the lid came about simply because the piece had a middle eastern feel to it.
It does not photograph well as its quite dark but in reality the textural detail is very nice indeed.

Back