flush hinge problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken andrews

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning, my Achilles heel is hinges, i always manage to mess a project up when fitting the hinge,now, i have used two brass flush hinges ( easy to fit) to the lid of pine chest, i put a quite a large bevel on the underside of the flap but the flap still binds and does not close properly, i know its must seem a simple problem to fix with most if you but can someone please point me i the right direction.

ken andrews":1sfigo0i said:
Morning, my Achilles heel is hinges, i always manage to mess a project up when fitting the hinge,now, i have used two brass flush hinges ( easy to fit) to the lid of pine chest, i put a quite a large bevel on the underside of the flap but the flap still binds and does not close properly, i know its must seem a simple problem to fix with most if you but can someone please point me i the right direction.

Ken, could you post a picture? Suspect you might need bigger hinges.

Are your screw heads protruding?

Take a non-permanent felt tip pen, and scribble all over your hinges, then hold a piece of paper in place and shut the lid. Your problem should reveal itself when you examine the paper.

Back