Samsung Staron

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droogs

Not the Sharpest Moderator in the box
Reaction score
Has anyone used this stuff? considering using some as the top for a new router table I intend to make for the Triton I got at Harrogate. Would appreciate any feedback about workability and durability in use.

I've installed Starron worktops. It's effectively just like Corian, maybe a tad softer, but not that noticeable. Reasonably durable as a servery counter material in a motorway restaurant

I fabricate and fit Corian quite a bit. As a material, it is quite flexible in its 12mm standard thickness. Using it as a surface for your Router table will possibly be durable enough, but you will need to make it rigid especially when you hang a Router from it otherwise it will probably sag....

Cutting & machining it is pretty straightforward with TC blades and router cutters.

I cant speak for Samsung Staron, but the sheet thickness of Corian can vary a bit, even within the same sheet.
It's worth bearing in mind though if you decide to try any Solid Surface for this particular application.

Back