MRMDF

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearreds

Reaction score
Hi ,
I’m new on here .was hoping someone can answer me a question on Medite mrmdf please .
Should a sheet be flat or is that to much to expect .
As you know materials aren’t cheap anymore and I was expecting this stuff to be the best , but it’s no where close to being flat . I wanted to rip some 22mm down for making shaker doors but looks like I could have got some par timeber that would be straighter .
Your advise would be appreciated.
Thanks

If you are going to be cutting/routing grooves in the rails/stiles to house a thinner panel them this would probably pull the lengths back straight. Having said that, if it came off a delivery lorry looking like a banana I’d be sending it back.

Did it arrive like that or is it just since you’ve had it at home for a few days/weeks that it’s bent?

Also just painting one side can sometime cause a bit of a bend so best to paint both sides of you havent already.

It should be flat, BUT, I've bought it in flat to make doors, stored it flat, rough dimensioned and re-stored it flat, cut and machined accurately to fit, painted alternate sides whilst flat on battens, fitted correctly and then watched the doors with correct number of hinges decide to kick out of true.

Colin

Latest posts

Back