Multico TH1/3 150mm Vertical Thicknesser Scale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
I know there has already been a similar thread on this topic already, But I'm after a 150mm scale for a Multico TH1 thicknesser I've just bought (Some heathen has screwed a piece of metal tape measure to the machine.) I don't believe anyone makes or supplies any parts for these so I don't even know who to ask. I'm also after the anti-kickback fingers that the later machines had but I think I might end up either making a set or not bothering, unless by some miracle somebody decides to part out an old thicknesser.

Closest thing I've found is a scale for an Inca machine at a frankly extortionate price for a glorified ruler: incamachines.com/english/inca-54-190-102-scale-label-for-thicknesser-table-metric-on-one-side-inch-on-reverse.html

I was wondering if any of you fine folks knew where I could find a similar good quality stainless steel ruler that reads vertically from top to bottom in Metric. I may end up just using a regular ruler but it's worth a shot to try and get something half decent for the machine even if it's a second-hand one.

Would these be any interest to you?
I made one for the TH1 I have in my home shop to replace a regular rule.

Left one is vinyl attached to aluminium strip then laser cut. Black one is plastic with the engraving filled with white paint.
Holes match the TH3 I have at work. Should be a direct replacement.

IMG_3134 by jamie skinner, on Flickr

Can make one up for you if you wanted.
My original plan was to then etch the aluminium or stainless steel behind the vinyl to make a 'proper rule'. Didn't really work, need to proper etching uv paper.

IMG_3129 by jamie skinner, on Flickr

Another one I tried was spraying the metal with paint then laser cutting it. That worked nicely too.
IMG_3132 by jamie skinner, on Flickr

Let me now if you want one.

One of those would be ideal! I quite like the steel one painted black then laser etched. How much would you want for such a thing?

Hardly ideal.
pDzgCOW.jpg

I went to fit the ruler which SkinnyB kindly made for me on the machine today, before drilling any holes I wound the machine down to it's lowest and I thought to myself "That doesn't look like 6" deep" and so I measured it, It's actually 125mm :oops: (Which explains why the tape measure was painted over at the 125mm mark).

Turns out the earlier Multico Thicknessers were 5" of depth, not 6" like all of the later ones. Having had a good look around online I noticed the earlier ones had an Imperial only 5" scale, which is probably why the original was ripped off and a Metric tape measure put in its place at some point.

If you see this SkinnyB I've sent you a PM.

Back