Mitre Saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morpheus83uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

After some very hard looking around I have come to the decision that my mitre saw choice is between three saws. I very much appreciated everyone's input on the previous post but since then I have been able to expand my budget. What would people suggest out of the following three:

Bosch GCM 350-254: Link Here

Bosch GCM 12 GDL: Link Here

Bosch GCM 12 SDE: Link Here

All comments are welcome as I am having a hard time deciding between them so all help is appreciated.

Thanks

James

I have the 350, got it at Christmas everything was spot and to me a nice bit of kit, within the price range I could justify to myself. Got it from Axminster in the end as no one was doing it cheaper so went there for the customer service. Used quite often and very happy with it

If you can afford the GCM 12 GDL, why would you even consider the other two? It's an awesome saw, and arguably in the top three on the market

I have (and have reviewed in detail here) 12GDL. It's an accurate, well made, workhorse. Made thousands of cuts with it. Faultless. Get the cart as well in a package deal. And buy a quick release clamp. Never buy another chop/mitre saw again. The end.

I have the SDE, I could not justify the additional cost of the GDL for my use. I am very happy with it. There are little niggles but I would probably have niggles with any saw and they are little niggles which do not affect the cut. I have tested the tilt angle and it comes back to 90 degrees within 0.1 degrees as measured by by digital gauge, this is also the tolerance and repeatability of the gauge so I am happy. I am using the original blade and have been happy with it but I wonder if an alternative may be even better.

I've seen the GDL. It's a nice saw. Very smooth glide and I do like that you can install it close against a wall.
One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that, but the one that i handled was a replacement for one that had to be returned. I don't recall what was wrong with the original. Maybe worth buying from someplace where you trust the customer service.
I have a Metabo KGS254 iplus. Probably not what you want but well built and I as I don't need to transport it, nice to have a quiet induction motor.

Thanks all.

With the GCM 12 GDL could you cut other things such as metal, plastics and aluminium as well as wood with it given its not variable speed if your changed the blade?

The only reason is it maybe a nice feature to have but I do have an evolution circular saw with the multi purpose blade which could so it but its just a thought as I think the 350 is the only variable speed out of the three which advertises this but I could be wrong and its not a deal breaker if not.

Thanks

James

You can cut plastic and aluminium with a TCT blade with no problems. I wouldn't cut steel on it without using a specific blade though. Frankly, I wouldn't cut steel on it full stop.

Great thank you I was thinking of changing the saw blade anyway if it could do it as I say its a nice thing if its possible but I have a circular saw if not.

Its looking like the GCM 12 GDL is getting the most appreciation currently too!

Back