Not woodworking but..........

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geoff_S":337lvq22 said:
whiskywill":337lvq22 said:
fascinating to watch. I have often wondered how socks were made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N7hsho4Sjg

That would be 30:33 minutes of my life wasted if I watched!

What on earth were you searching for when you found this? Please don't tell me "sock making". :shock:

I thought the machine was rather clever. It popped up in the middle of a batch of French Polishing videos.

Well I did watch it all through (I MUST remember to get a life - one day)! I thought the machine is really great (I like old machines anyway, never seen one of those before) and thought the whole video fascinating. I wonder where I can get such a machine? (For the good lady of course). :D

Thanks for posting

AES

That is one of the best csk video's I have seen as it deals with sections I didn't know about. Doing the toe on the machine and doing the ribbing without the ribber attachment.
I have a couple of them, one is missing a vital part but the other I take out and put on display with the other stuff. Only wish I could manage to use it properly #-o
It is not as slow a process as this instructional video makes it out to be and like all things the more you do it the faster you get.
Cheers Andy

Back