Wolf Grinder Full Restoration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its finished! and lubed it up with NUTO 32.

1950s Wolf TG6 Grinder by Rhyolith, on Flickr

I decided to use this frame i had lying around as a stand, actually its a big improvement as its not using up space of the bench anymore:
R0000006 by Rhyolith, on Flickr

Its a lot smoother than before I think using the other spindle has made the difference. Theres still a bit of vibration as it decelerates, but not much.

Video of it running:
1950s Wolf TG6 Grinder Running by Rhyolith, on Flickr

One thing I am not sure whether it should be worried about is the horizontal play in the spindle, it moves side to side a bit, not sure if this is normal. It likes to ride fully to the right when turned on.

R0000002 by Rhyolith, on Flickr

I am actually a bit mystified where the play comes from, all the bearings fit quite tightly... must between the housing and the outside of the bearing I think.

Looks great! Can you add a couple of washers behind the left wheel to keep it from moving across?

Its finished! and lubed it up with NUTO 32.

I decided to use this frame i had lying around as a stand, actually its a big improvement as its not using up space of the bench anymore:
R0000006 by Rhyolith, on Flickr

Its a lot smoother than before I think using the other spindle has made the difference. Theres still a bit of vibration as it decelerates, but not much.

Video of it running:
1950s Wolf TG6 Grinder Running by Rhyolith, on Flickr

One thing I am not sure whether it should be worried about is the horizontal play in the spindle, it moves side to side a bit, not sure if this is normal. It likes to ride fully to the right when turned on.

I am actually a bit mystified where the play comes from, all the bearings fit quite tightly... must between the housing and the outside of the bearing I think.
How did you deliver the oil ? I don’t have an oil gun with enough pressure to bypass the ball valve on the oiling point. Or even the right attachment.

That's a smashing resto job! :love:

I have an old Wolf 1hp buffing machine, Had it for many years, When I was going to use it last year the switch broke, When I looked at the switch on the connection side i'd never seen one like it!, There are two positions for off and two positions for on!!

IX8buyP.jpg

Up and down are on, both horizontal positions are off!!

I never did get around to bolting it down as I only used it once in a blue moon!!

John ☺️

Back