parkside pillar drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiley65

Established Member
Reaction score
i bought a parkside pillar drill and the spindle has side to side movement in it, the drill press has literally been plugged in and used maybe 3 times due to ill health and is a year old and would take it back but cant find reciept for it,is there a fix for this or do i need to find somewhere that does spares so i could replace spindle any help would be great.

i took mine back the day after i bought it for exactly that problem. They refunded me no problem.
I think they have a 2 or 3 year warranty and only Lidl sell them. Take it back and they should either replace / fix or refund it.

Whenever I buy something with a warranty I scan the receipt into the PC and save a jpg image. Then I also print an A4 page with the Item name, date of purchase and expiry date of the warranty then staple the original receipt to it and file.

The spindle can be tightened up by way of a couple of allen bolts, if I remember correctly. There is an excellent thread somewhere on this forum where there are some excellent tips on how to tune-up the drill press. I can't find the thread off the top of my head but a forum search for Lidl pillar drill may locate it.

Back