OK how does ths trigger, meat cutting Saw Stop.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to lead to some complacency around vicious machinery.

It would always be in the back of my mind ... ''how do I know this system is functioning properly?''

Without the bladestop, I'm usually thinking ... ''this is potentially dangerous, I'll be very careful''

You can make something foolproof, but you'll never make it damn-fool proof.

But I take the point of the original question......what on earth is the sensing trigger that doesn't function in contact with the carcass of a pig/cow and yet does when in contact with a human hand or a glove?? I mean that's just mind boggling given they're both flesh?

I can only think that it's either heat or electrically sensitive, neither of those conditions exist in the meat carcasses whereas both could exist for a human finger.....but what about the glove??

Its the colour of the glove, I would imagine there is a small very quick camera and some sort of control unit that watches for the blue colour coming into shot and stops the blade accordingly. Without gloves I would guess you are correct and it monitors either heat or is electrically sensitive, heat may not be the answer though as I bet when cutting through bone there is some amount of heat build up.

Matt

Personally I think it's probably based on whatever it is that monsters in movies have. They always say that 'it can sense your fear.' Maybe Bladestop does the same thing - it senses fear!!

Getting my coat.....

I guess the meat is in contact with the saw and the person has protective gloves etc so is insulated from the machine so the capacitive sensing system in the sawstop will work when it contacts the operator.

Pete

capacitive sensing and as said above, blue gloves.
but they don't really show you any of that, instead they show you lots and lots of meat being cut up.

I had a touch-lamp that didn't always work first time... The only drawback with that was the light levels. I still kept all my fingers.

Latest posts

Back