Noggins Timber Sales Sunday 19th November - LE67 5UP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Their next wood sale will be on Sunday 19th November 10 am-4 pm at St Joseph's tea rooms, Whitwick LE67 5UP

They can be found here.

At long last, they're holding a sale on a day that I am able to attend. =D>

Anyone want to turn this into a forum meet up?
We would just need to coordinate an arrival time

lurker":22rqazs3 said:

That sounds good, I was planning on being there for 10 so that I could beat that Maddex man to the best bits. :lol: :lol:

How does 11 sound?

Neil

Thanks for the heads-up.
I'll try and fit that in on the way back from Harrogate if the wallet hasn't already been cleaned out!
Duncan

Newbie_Neil":14j92e88 said:
lurker":14j92e88 said:

That sounds good, I was planning on being there for 10 so that I could beat that Maddex man to the best bits. :lol: :lol:

How does 11 sound?

Neil

Lol

Newbie_Neil":16gll183 said:

How does 11 sound?

Neil

I normally get there by 10 to beat everyone. I nearly beat Rowan last time - they were still unloading!
I should be in the in the cafe by 11:00 and will always answer to the greeting “I’m buying, what are you having Glynne”.

Glynne":fkj5pexw said:
Newbie_Neil":fkj5pexw said:

How does 11 sound?

Neil

I normally get there by 10 to beat everyone. I nearly beat Rowan last time - they were still unloading!
I should be in the in the cafe by 11:00 and will always answer to the greeting “I’m buying, what are you having Glynne”.

I haven't been before, so is the cafe the best place to meet?

Neil

Hi Neil.
It’s only a small place and last time the sale was right by the car park - previously it was in the front room and hall way of the old house.
So you will need to walk past the sale to get to the cafe and you might want to buy your timber first unless you have stronger will power than I do!
Cafe is a bit eclectic but really nice and I usually have a drink and something to eat while I justify the amount of money I’ve just spent. So probably look to the cafe at 11:00 for a get together.

Hi Glynne,

Glynne":gw5jqahq said:
Hi Neil.
It’s only a small place and last time the sale was right by the car park. Cafe is a bit eclectic but really nice and I usually have a drink and something to eat while I justify the amount of money I’ve just spent. So probably look to the cafe at 11:00 for a get together.

Great, let's say eleven at the café.

Neil

Hi. I got there at 2-45. I was at a re-enactment AGM in Quorn and thought we may as well pop in. Thanks to you lot, there wasn't a lot left. LOL. Mick was wondering how come he was really busy around 11. I told him about the Forum meet up. Not sure when the next event is. I did ask and he can cut boards up to 26'' wide. Hope this helps

OK, so my fault saying I normally arrive early!
The sale starts at 10:00.
It's 10:02 and I park to find Alexam loading his car with a board.
I go into the sale and meet Dave (UKW name Moon...?), Racers & Newbie Neil already rooting through lots of timber and have probably nicked all the very best stuff (all the timber is really good, so maybe my imagination thinking there was even better wood).
Anyway a very cheap day for me, a lovely 6' , figured, dry, worm free board of Alder for £25 - and Alexam bought me a coffee (but no cake)!
Really good to meet up and match faces with names and I got a brief insight into the graft that Newbie Neil is doing regarding Timber Suppliers - so a think a few thanks should go in his direction.

You didn't ask for any ruddy cake! You got the coffee you asked for so don't be a moaner all the time!
When we chatted before, you said its best to get there early to get the best bits .......................... I did. Spent more than I should but 3 nice planks and 3 spalted beech blanks. Prices were great and I just had enough to buy the coffee.
IMG_4495 r.jpg

Nice to meet up with a few early members, but suggest that an earlier meet would be better next time so we all get a look at the timber as it arrives. It will then be Glynn's turn to buy the coffee, but I may need a bacon buttie next time.
Malcolm

Attachments

• IMG_4495 r.jpg
    IMG_4495 r.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 78
Its good to meet up, and the cake was very nice, thanks Neil.

Pete

bourbon":3j3h03h7 said:
I think you may scare the watsits out of Mick and Gwen if you arrive before they do!

I think that one of us did arrive before Mick and Gwen, but it was only to supervise the unloading and to save them taking everything into the hallway. :wink:

Neil

Latest posts

Back