New Record waterslide decals

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dangermouse

Established Member
Reaction score
Mod edit: This Post Re-instated now that permission to produce the Decals has been obtained from Record (see HERE) CHJ

Hi all
I've been restoring a number 6 Record plane recently and really wanted to make it a nice job. So I did a lot of searching around for a supply of the old type 1 Record decal, that was used on the rear handle. No luck at all ! so I did a bit or R&D and after a lot of trial and error and binned attempts I finally managed to make a batch myself. Now I made several, more than I need for my planes, so if any one wants one or two i'd be happy to post some off . Only thing is to just cover my costs I need to charge £2.00 plus postage. Which I think isn't too bad for a nice transfer. Attached is a photo of my new decal compared to one of the originals on another of my Record planes.

100_2321.jpg

I think i need to get the triming more neat, otherwise looks the part i think.

I think they're sufficiently different (brighter) to not be confused with original transfers.

Dangermouse":23u46d6m said:
That's one thick mother of an iron in that plane :!: What is it?

Cheers, Vann.

ps PM about to be sent.

Well Vann its a QS Plane iron and chip breaker from Workshop Heaven, which I fitted into a no 05 Record plane and my goodness that improves the plane to near LS / Clifton standards.

Back