It's been quite a long time since i was last here so and it's been a long time since i done any proper woodwork as being a novice and building my workshed without help or researching things was bound to run into problems.
Here's a reminder of what my workshed was like... Sorry about the sideways pics
Garden has been tidied and decking was laid between the house and workshed
Notice the lack of roof struts
Look carefully to the right of orange clamps, it looks like a support piece for the roof... it wasn't.
Over the time i've had it my biggest problem was the roof leaking down one wall... i built it against two walls, one being a breeze brick wall which is topped with concrete thingy majig and the other is a wall of house bricks and its this house brick that is causing the problem.
I tried many fixes but nothing worked partly due to how i built my roof... but over time it became a swimming pool all the time and i gave up trying to sort it out.
That was till last summer when i finally got back to it... starting by ripping off the roof.
The new roof was built with 3x2s but i also added a square gutter and added a few supports to hold the roof where the gutter is... i had hoped this would solve my issue but it didn't, it only made things not as bad.
Roll on several months later it was now a right mess with everything just thrown in there... so once again i got in there and cleaned it out and this christmas i ripped up the floor as it was rotted and bowed, removed the old 4x1 braces and built a more solid 2x4 floor.
Then it was onto the leaking wall once again... the breeze block has the thingy majiger on top stopping rain from draining through it which gave me the idea of having the few inches of roof at the gutter act in the same way, this would mean a would have to bring the wall forward... so thats what im in the process of doing.
Using 4x1s i intend on building a false wall, i will leave a 1/4" gap along the bottom of the wall bt i have also cut a 1" gap between wall and floor so any rain that comes through the wall no longer gets onto my floor but under it... in doing this it will only cost me 3 or 4 inches of worktop... but once i rebuild the work area i may add that back on.
This was the main area of leak from the wall but it ran to the floor area where i stood... so a new frame (blue wood) was made and all muck was removed... then i just made a small frame for what will be under the work area and may hold a compressor at some point.
Making a 1 inch gap has kept my floor dry and any remaining wet patches have since dried.
A 3x3 post was added on one side to match the distance out from the wall the other post was.
With 4x1s horizontally i can now add 4x1s vertically as this is easy than cutting plywood to fit the odd shape... they will also be slightly off the floor.
Hope you're still with me... hoping to finish painting roof and finish the wall next week.