Make your own thin parting tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyturner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I have just changed my M42 Bi-Metal Bandsaw Blade and made a 1mm thick parting tool from a bit of it I have 4 bits going spare they are so easy to make and work a treat 1mm thick x 25mm wide mine is 8" long I will grind the teeth of and all you have to do is grind your own profile and stick a slither of wood on each side job done first come first served all I want is the P/P as a gift through Pay pal to keep the cost down if you dont want to do it as a gift then it will be £2.50 to [email protected] and PM me your address first come first served

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 3,172
Hi woody! I would like first dibs, I will transfer the money first thing in the morning!

Cheers

=Adam=":3hm4rpkr said:
Hi woody! I would like first dibs, I will transfer the money first thing in the morning!

Cheers
OK Adam don't forget I will need your address you can if you want email me with it on the same email address as for pay pal
Regards Woody

OOH! Can I grab one of those please Woody?
Why buy a £20 off the peg job when one can be made (thinner to boot!) for pennies?!

Ok for both of you don't forget to send me your address only one bit left till I change the next blade in about another year or so they last forever

Just returned home after a week darn sarf to find this on the doormat. Thanks Woody, just the job. Well wrapped too, took me 10 minutes to free it from the package! :lol:

Sorry I didn't transfer the money as I said woody, i got really busy and it just slipped my mind! I don't suppose you still have one left?

Im gutted I missed out on this!

Sorry mate I will post some more when the next blade is finished but be warned they do last a long time even when putting 12" thick logs through them

I don't think there are either advantages or disadvantages of the flexibility Phil. Over such a short length, the flex is minimal and certainly stiff enough for parting off. The real bonus is the fact that it is less than 2mm thick (actually it is probably little more than 1mm) so it wastes less wood and can get into tight gaps when you may have gone a bit too far! The other bonus is that an off the shelf job costs somewhere around £20, this cost £2.50 postage, a dollop of epoxy and some Meranti scraps off the floor. Bargain!
Mine is currently in a clamp while I wait for the epoxy to dry. Already tested it and it works a treat.

The 'blade' arrived amazingly well packaged.... managed to get down the shed at the weekend, found a bit of scrap purple-heart to make a handle with (hammer) and hey-presto here's mine....

IMG_1020Copy.jpg

IMG_1023Copy.jpg

IMG_1025Copy.jpg

and if there was any doubt.... as you can see, its been 'endorsed' by Starrett :mrgreen:

Many thanks once again to Mr Woodster for his very generous offer =D> =D> =D>

Nick

(p.s. reading classes underway :wink: )

Latest posts

Back