Make your own thin parting tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm. I have two bandsaw blades I don't want. One is worn out, the other is brand new but wrong size that Axi sent by mistake and didn't want back.

Grahamshed":2hmoora6 said:
Ummm. I have two bandsaw blades I don't want. One is worn out, the other is brand new but wrong size that Axi sent by mistake and didn't want back.

Bandsaw blades just won't cut it as a parting tool at least not that I am aware off.

regards
Peter

woodyturner":121ogx8x said:
Sorry I have now been cleared out here is a pic of my parting tool completed

Hi Woody
I collected somewhere a tool that is somewhat similar - BUT -- the wooden handle had been epoxied on and came off. Now thinking about it, and your comments further on in the thread, you have just glued on a couple of hardwood strips either side with the steel therefore going right through instead of a full handle - is that correct? I suspect my steel isn't long enough for that, but at least you given me the solution to work against.

Rob

Looks good but dont look Cheap Its well Worth The effort To Make these Thank You woody For Your kind offerill Enjoy using mine Im Sure
regards
Bill :)

Back