Hollow form for critique

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlequin

Established Member
Reaction score
Well........ hollowish ,only 5" in dia and 4" in height of the spalted beech.
cocobolo,sycamore and ebony used as seen.
Finish - Chestnuts melamine lacquer and wax elsewhere
Critique and ideas to improve appreciated.

I would'nt be qualified to comment or suggest improvments, but I can say that I like what I see
Well done if it pleases you thats what matters IMO.
REgards Boysie

very nice,

just a shame the pierced detail on the finial isn't regular, kinda spoiled it for me when i zoomed in on it.

Sorry - im being very critical today - even my breakfast has some issues with it ...................

It's a nice piece. I really like the pierced detail on the final and the shape of the little top cone,

I have only two minor criticisms.

The top shape of the main form - which looks as though the curve has a bit of a flat to it towards the edge of the piece (although this may just be the limitations of seeing a photo rather than the real piece).

The top part of the finial - here the change where the thicker, more bulbous center part meets the narrow top stem seems a bit too abrupt and I'd rather see it as a smoother overall curve.

Hi

its a like / no like for me as below

The body shape is good and the foot sits / fits well to the body

The lower section of the lid is also good ,
from then on up it does not work ,
the spiraling / carving is a bit irregular and the join between the 3 sections need to flow ,
at the moment it gives the impression that the finial has been cut in half and the spiral section has been added , no flowing joins

Maybe have another go at a lid assembly

with the lid sorted you will have a excellent item

Thanks for showing us :mrgreen:

agree with the comments about the finial - my thoughts exactly
the pierced part was intended to be irregular however I do see now that it can be improved.
the main form is fine really - no flat on the top bit,must be the pic

Latest posts

Back