Holdfast Group Buy - May have found a UK Blacksmith

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked mine up from the post office on Saturday, they look great Richard thanks!

Haven't have a opportunity to drill a hole in my bench yet though :-(

Richard

Works fantastic.

My bench is about 75mm thick and made of recycled softwood. 18mm holes now pepper it and every one just takes a small whack with a dead blow mallet to make it stick and a similar blow on the back to release.

Thanks

Mick

In case anyone is wondering what has become of their holdfasts - with three pairs to go, the other day, the bit of the hammer handle I hold parted company with the bit inside the hammer head. So I've spent the last couple of days making a new handle - Ash this time - the hickory wasn't up to it.
(at last! Some woodwork in this thread.)
So the last batch will be dispatched very soon.

Apologies for the extra wait :(

My pair arrived this weekend. Very nice! A tap on top and they hold, a tap on the side and they let go. On my bench the flat bit on the end doesn't sit flush on the workpiece but I've got a spacer in between anyway, so no marring of the wood being worked.

Thanks Richard,

Take

The new hammer handle has done its stuff and the last batch of holdfasts went out this morning. So hopefully they will be arriving early next week.
Good to hear they got there Take, and that they work for you.

Thanks again all.

Hi I'm new to the forum and have just found this post.

Am I too late to order a pair of holdfasts?

Regards Simon

Since I somehow missed this the last time, can I be put on the list if more are to be made in the future, thank you 8)

Blimey! Two holdfast revivals in one day -

Well, as I just said over in the handtool dpt. I will be ordering some stock soon, and that in future I will have to charge £18 per pair rather than 14 as (I am sure) I won't be making as many all in one go this time.

Maybe I should add a blurb to the foot of my posts ....

Anyway, never fear, more holdfasts available soon.

Hi, new to the forum too, and would love to order a pair of holdfasts. Should I PM you? Many thanks Dougal!

Richard T":30afx94b said:
Blimey! Two holdfast revivals in one day -

Well, as I just said over in the handtool dpt. I will be ordering some stock soon, and that in future I will have to charge £18 per pair rather than 14 as (I am sure) I won't be making as many all in one go this time.

Maybe I should add a blurb to the foot of my posts ....

Anyway, never fear, more holdfasts available soon.

i'd go for a couple too! These things are hard to buy in the UK. let us know when you plan to knock up some more!

Hello!
Can you find it please how much would be the shipment to Romania for a pair of your holdfasts?
If the price of the shipment it is not too much, I would be interested in buying a pair of holdfasts.

Thank you!

I see that some posts are pretty old, from around 2010.
So I would like to ask you if the 14 pounds price it is still valid for a hold fast?
If correct than a pair of hold fasts with shipment would be 28 + ~12 = 40 pounds, please confirm that.
I can pay you by pay pal, it would be that OK for you?
I have used pay pal once, about 8 months ago, for making a payment on eBay in Germany, so I am not very familiar with that.
I should receive some data from you for the money transfer, or what it is the procedure?
Thank you for your patience!

I am not very sure what PM means in the forum "language", but I presume that it is a kind of private conversation on a forum. Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with this feature of the forum, so I would rather continue this, if everything goes fine on the email.
Can you provide an email for me?

Thank you!

Aha. Just to be more confusing :) the price per pair is now £18 - (it was £14).

So that's 2 holdfasts £18 + £12 = £30 and if payment by paypal, another £1.

Hope that's good news. I'll try to email you.

I thought that the price was for a piece, not a pair
So if I get it right a pair it would be 18 plus shipment ~12 pounds + 1 pay pal =~31
That is perfect.

I cannot post my email address because of the following message:

"Your account does not have permission to post links or domain/page references."

How can I send you my email in order for you to contact me?
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back