Hello all

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manxman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around here for a while now and finding the site very helpful.
I always search on here when looking to buy new tools etc. to see how you lot rate them and what you use, and for advice on how you do particular jobs and what products you use to do them.... always finding the answers I need with out having to even ask.

So a big thanks to you all for helping without even realising you were!

I'm rebuilding my own house and trying to do most of the work myself, learning as I go along. The property was an old shop that I'm converting in to a house

To date I've put in a new floor, built a kite winder staircase (first real project) studded out the downstairs, put in pipe work, electrics, plasterboared, layed some reclaimed mahogany parquet, and am now building some furniture for the utility room, I'm using the utility room as a guiney pig for my cabinet making.

Can I post photos in my first post or do I need to make a few posts first?

Hi Manxman,
Welcome to you on your first post.

You've already spotted the spam trap, so you know what to expect, another couple of posts and you'll be able to post pics.

Hi, Manxman

Welcome!

You will need to post 3 before you post pics.

Edit

'm lord got there first

Pete

Don't you DARE NOT post any pics now that you have wetted our appetite we are all waiting with baited breath, so, please, feel free to post.

Regards,

Rich.

Welcome, just don't show any of us up with actual completed projects in your first few posts :D

Cheers

Damian

Ironballs":2lm8ixkc said:
Welcome, just don't show any of us up with actual completed projects in your first few posts :D

Cheers

Damian

no fear of that, had the place for 8 years :oops:

Rich":2l50cqwv said:
Don't you DARE NOT post any pics now that you have wetted our appetite we are all waiting with baited breath, so, please, feel free to post.

Regards,

Rich.

will post pics, but go easy on me, I'am nowhere near the standard of everyone here, and I'm teaching myself, but I'm having fun doing it so I guess thats the main thing and hopfully I'm getting better as I go along.

Welcome aboard Manxman . Looks like you'll have a TAIL or two to tell before that ole house is completed .
Cheers !

manxman":1l5s8hjr said:
Ironballs":1l5s8hjr said:

Cheers

Damian

no fear of that, had the place for 8 years :oops:

You'll fit right in - and ignore the work that Nibbo churns out, he's a front for an army of woodworking elves. Never does any of it himself.

At least that's what I keep telling myself :wink:

will it work now :)

pic00512pt3.jpg

dsc00043zj3.jpg

200602230024dc7.jpg

manxman":1jbzikri said:
will post pics, but go easy on me, I'am nowhere near the standard of everyone here, and I'm teaching myself, but I'm having fun doing it so I guess thats the main thing and hopfully I'm getting better as I go along.

That's why we love it here, just talking about all the cockups and asking advice of how to get out of it, or hoping that swmbo don't find what we've just bought and posted on here gloating (100% guilty your royal swmbo) :lol:
Like you have said it's all about having fun but a word of warning watch out for slope pushers :lol:

Edit....

PS... what Ironballs says is a load of propaganda don't take any notice of him he's all shirt and no trousers or is it all skirt and no knickers? :lol: :wink:

Indeed, that's no beginner stuff. Well crafted stairs and a pretty damn well made cabinet too. Good work =D>

thanks for the comments, the photos are a little kind tbh but here's a few more.

didn't realise untill I started laying the parquet that the blocks were not all the same size, so there are a few gaps, Lecol filler is wonderfull stuff though and the finished job looks good.

dscf2290kf8.jpg

200810130003et5.jpg

200810130005tc3.jpg

pic01615si7.jpg

pic01621vv6.jpg

pic01614tb4.jpg

Some cracking work. 8 years is'nt bad going to skill up and produce work of that standard. I've been 12 years on our house and still got another 10 to go at rate I work.

manxman":2j3o24ap said:
Mattty":2j3o24ap said:
Welcome! Nice work and photos mate. Are you in Douglas?

No, down in Port Erin, Douglas is too busy for me!

I was wondering where you were on the island , just thinking i may be able to lend a hand , around the first couple of weeks in june ,, you know around tt fortnight :wink: :wink: ..

That is some great work , i hear there is a shortage of joiners over there , a friend asked me to go over for a year to help him out as he couldnt get a chippy for love nor money ..

I might be able to give you a hand as well!! The problem is that I can only get over in the first two weeks of June! Strange coincidence eggflan

Back