Flooring Finish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassbear81

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for a finish to use on wood flooring in a conservatory, I was thinking osmo UV.

Anyne agree or disagree?

What the best way to oil a floor and buff?

You're obviously after an oil then? If that is the case I can't see past Granwax Hardwax Oil (not Osmo UV protection oil - it's not suitable for floors).

It is a simple process of applying two thin coats, leaving overnight between coats. No buffing is required. The material comes in three finishes Satin, Matt & Ultra Matt. Best thing to do is give them a call, Nick Peters is the contact there.

Hope this is of some help

Ian McAslan

Couldn't agree with you more Dibs (apart from the brand!)
Waterbased lacquers offer far greater protection and durability than their oil based counterparts. They are also far easier to apply (which is why the pros use them) and can be applied to all timbers, unfortunately the same can't be said for hardwax oils.

However the one thing they can't give is the natural (unfinished) appearance that oils do.

We sell a large amount of hardwax oils but based on durability and a lack of a desire to carry out constant maintenance I would always choose a lacquer.

Ian McAslan

Back