Exterior paint

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatknot

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for exterior paint and wondered what was recommended these days

Its Cornwall UK

They appear to be hardwood frames, with what looks like a version of what I knew as Ranch paint (which I don't think is available these days)

Any ideas?

Planed timber: Bedec Multi-Surface Paint

Sawn timber: Bedec Barn Paint

Both microporous flexible and long lasting (it will last up to 15 years), and water based.

Brilliant, brilliant stuff....just about the only paint I specify these days........and I used the MSP for my own kitchen including on the (pine) shelves as well as the doors and frames. It's bomb proof.

Thanks for that

Never heard of that brand

Having a look around I see Toolstation do some, but no colours

I assume it comes in colours? Brown on this occasion

Its expensive but I only have two doors and what amounts to three frames to do

MikeG.":2nw71097 said:
Planed timber: Bedec Multi-Surface Paint

Sawn timber: Bedec Barn Paint

Both microporous flexible and long lasting (it will last up to 15 years), and water based.

Brilliant, brilliant stuff....just about the only paint I specify these days........and I used the MSP for my own kitchen including on the (pine) shelves as well as the doors and frames. It's bomb proof.

Ah just had a further search and see they do a colour range, although not a wide one

Two browns available, I will see if I can find a stockist

A very timely thread for me, this one.

Are the other paints in the Bedec range anything special ? Looking for a white gloss low VOC paint for interior doors that will dry passably smooth, rather than with very prominant brush marks.

The white barn paint is the only one from their range I was disappointed with. It needs a stainblocker or something extra because it just wouldn't cover. I got over the issue by using 1 coat of white multi surface paint than adding a few more coats of the barn paint.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

there's been a few amazing threads on here about sash windows and painting them if you do a search, including some nice restorations of period properties with sash windows in them, with loads of detail.

Back