Brummie Bash-09.Sept 5th.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gutted i missed it now - looks like a good time was had by all - even if miles did go into dormouse mode ;) - maybe next year.

Paul, all I can say to you is very well done "again". It seems that everyone had a super time . It is great that everyone get's the chance to meet up at least once a year,the enjoyment is an added bonus.
Long may your idea continue and hopefully one day I may get the oppertunity to get to one with your permission of course.
REgards Boysie.

Thank you to paul and team for taking the time to organise such a great day.
Thank you also to Rich and Doug for the lift there and back- there was a few suprise detours!!! but we got there eventually :D

Well done everyone!! Sounds like you had a great time and lots was shared and learned. I'm sorry I couldn't make it :cry: :cry: but I will certainly try next time.

There will be a next time, won't there Paul??????????????????? :wink:

Richard

Thank you all for your comments.
Just makes all the effort worth while in the end knowing that at least some if not all went away having learned something new,even you George :D
Must also say a thank you to Chris RATWWOOD for giving his time and demoing,Dusty Dave for bringing along his Hegner scroll saw and letting members have a play with it,and Chas,CHJ, for showing us the new Chestnut polishing mops.Now i've seen it in action i think i might be interested in getting a set meself :D

Boysie wrote
hopefully one day I may get the oppertunity to get to one with your permission of course.
Eugene if there is a next one than by all means you are welcome :D

Richard Findley wrote
There will be a next time, won't there Paul???????????????????
Same with you Richard.If dates are all ok and there is a next one you will be welcome to come along :D
How did your weekend go :D

Not long back .... what a superb day yesterday was !....

I can't tell you how much of a priviledge it was to meet such a great group of people... just like 'old friends you've known forever' , despite meeting for the first time, if you know what I mean :D :D

Paul, a thousand thanks to you, Carol and your lovely family for the extended hospitality ( i think they eventually got rid of me about 11pm, after feeding me AND a run back to the hotel !!! ).... you're an absolute gentleman Sir, and a true delight to have met you and yours... a genuine true delight. :D :D

George -- as has been said already.. I can only echo that you did an amazing job. - To have the skill that you posess is one thing, but to be able to 'teach' it is another... and you did more than a first class job of it... you should have no problems or indeed hesitations if you were to consider doing that regularly... well done, you were truly immense !

Many thanks also to Ratwood Chris & Sue for showing how to do the flowers !... and for the 'microwave motor' tip ! nice one ! ... 8) 8) 8)

And to Chas for regailing us with great tales of Norton Dommie's and stories of 'Daring-do' from days gone by... fantastic !...
Di for the aiding of Carol on the catering front... brilliant !...
and to Miles, Gasman, DougB, Richburrow, Braveheart, Frank, Wizer, Shultzy, DustyDave ( sorry about the blade, Dave :wink: ), its was absolutely brilliant to meet you all .... thatnk you for making that trip well worthwhile... I really enjoyed the day, it really was great !

here's a few pics in the same vein as those already posted....

Thanks again .... loved it !! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chewin' the fat :

in fact, chewin' some more fat ! : -

a true star-'turn' ! :wink: :-

This is just crying out for a caption about "hear no evil, see no evil.." but that would be just "wrong" !! ... Absolute 'top fella's.. all ! :D

The 'Flower-man ! : -- :D :D

He's in full flow now !!! 8) :D 8) : --

Braveheart bravely chasing a thread... and 'catching it' too ! It was perfect !

"I Knew this bowl should have beaten Jenkins's manky clock :lol: :lol:

Should we start calling him 'Buffy' ? :wink: :D :lol:

Seriously though.. these mops brought Terry's ( rather splendid ) bowl up really rather nicely ! ... Terry.. POST MORE PICS OF YOUR STUFF !!! :D .. that was a cracking piece !... very nice indeed !

oh... and I was rather taken with the basin in my hotel room! ha ha ha ha ~~>

( wife said.. "you took a photograph of what" ? ? ? ? ? :twisted: )

bring on 2010 !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Looks like you lot had a great time, thanks for the reports, I'm very jealous.

(Jenx, I would have taken a photo of the washbasin too)

Brendan

A few more shots of the avid listeners & sometimes talkers of course.

DSCN0956.JPG

DSCN0957.JPG

DSCN0958.JPG

DSCN0962.JPG

DSCN0964.JPG

DSCN0970.JPG

DSCN0971.JPG

DSCN0972.JPG

DSCN0973.JPG

DSCN0974.JPG

Paul.J":2c3mww14 said:
Thank you all for your comments.
Just makes all the effort worth while in the end knowing that at least some if not all went away having learned something new,even you George :D
Must also say a thank you to Chris RATWWOOD for giving his time and demoing,Dusty Dave for bringing along his Hegner scroll saw and letting members have a play with it,and Chas,CHJ, for showing us the new Chestnut polishing mops.Now i've seen it in action i think i might be interested in getting a set meself :D

Boysie wrote
hopefully one day I may get the oppertunity to get to one with your permission of course.
Eugene if there is a next one than by all means you are welcome :D

Richard Findley wrote
There will be a next time, won't there Paul???????????????????
Same with you Richard.If dates are all ok and there is a next one you will be welcome to come along :D
How did your weekend go :D

hi Paul there is only one w in ratwood not 2 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like you were nearly all entertained :lol:

I say nearly as I am trying to find a photo with Tom smiling :p :p

not found one yet :wink:

so keep posting the photos

Pleased it stayed dry for you all ,

nice looking lathe Paul \:D/ :mrgreen:

hehe Allen you beat me too it, I was just looking at the pics thinking, "I'll be smiling in the next one". I think I was concentrating on taking it all in! (That and a bit of back pain).

Alun
Glad you enjoyed yourself and it was worth the travelling :D

ThanksAllen.
Tom was smiling,even laughing at times,but like most here was just trying to take in what George and others was demoing :) :lol:

well it looks like it was a fantastic day.

If I am invited again next year I will make sure I make it. I can always tell my good lady I am just popping out form some milk.

The Lathe looks great Paul and it must be strong if it stood up to George hollowing on it. :D :D

Huh I'm sulking 'cos I couldn't make it :lol:

Busy time by the sound of it with a lot of good things happenning and the weather held out as well. Maybe next year

pete

PETE,
Bring in the clowns,where are the clowns We've got to have clowns
MAYBE NEXT YEAR. You and Me :?: :?: :?:
REgards Boysie

Thank you for the comments :D
Mark,Pete,Eugene.If there is one next year you are welcome :D

Mark Sanger wrote
The Lathe looks great Paul and it must be strong if it stood up to George hollowing on it.
Yes Mark.I think George put it through it's paces and all was ok,i'm glad to say :D
From what i saw of Georges demo he was doing some big cuts on the Oak he was using,and he seemed to be impressed :D

Back