Moderators: Random Orbital Bob, nev, CHJ, Noel, Charley

By Ikisumu
I spotted this on a shelf of a discount store. I decided to buy it on the spot. And now I want to share it with all of you.

It is called a "Jack plane". I assure you, everything is absolutely out-of-the-box.

I have never ever before seen anything even remotely like this.

I can't do anything for it at all. There is no single working detail in it. Nothing. Even the screw thread tolerances are so loose (or filled with that black goo) that there is actually no screw thread tolerances at all.

And so on.

I want to hug my wooden planes tightly and tell them that everything is allright.

Samu
By Oryxdesign
It says on the box "Quality the World Prefers". I think they are probably too many people seem to be happy with poor quality.
By Pete Maddex
Hi,

My god thats bad, very bad, very very bad.

Pete
By SammyP64
if thats what is being reffered to nowa days as "quality" ide hate to see what THEY classify s a s**t piece...

thats astounding how they can market that at 15 euros too...

I would have taken it back and said "im sorry, but this is false advertising, it clearly says quility, of which the boxes contents are so far from i couldn't posibly even begin to explain to you"

Sammy
By Philly
Awesome! :lol:
Love the chipbreaker - or is that "chip-scraper"?
Philly :lol:
By Ikisumu
Beats me, Philly.

It would also make an outrageous prize for some dingbat competition at work. The first prize will be one of those. The second prize will be two of those.

Guys, I really want to speak for good tools on my behalf, no matter who makes them and where. I want to somehow contribute so that for example if some kid who wants to try working with wood, he wouldn't ever get anything like that from his parents, or any other people. I know it can be a tall order, but still.

Samu

Edit, english is difficult...
By laird
Mount it on a plinth and give it to some club for a "biggest c*^k-up of the year" award.
By billw
The barcode suggests that was made in Finland :?
By woodbloke
I think something could be done with it 8-[ ...not sure what though? - Rob
By como
I can't see what the problem is :? , at least it's not made out of wood 8)

oops, I'll get my coat :D
By paininthe
Is that one of those friday afternoon planes?
By AndyT
I can only see the "before" pictures - haven't you restored it yet?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
By Tom K
Ikisumu wrote:I spotted this on a shelf of a discount store. I decided to buy it on the spot. And now I want to share it with all of you.

It is called a "Jack plane". I assure you, everything is absolutely out-of-the-box.
Samu

Well researched obviously named from the English expression i.e
"That plane of yours is worth jack dung"