Who is in and who is out?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhossydd":2x91bbcx said:
Noel":2x91bbcx said:
Ref the Cornwall council item, I've been speaking to a few folk (6 or so) in N Cornwall and not one of them knew about the £60m p/a the county was getting.
Actually the figure is higher than that. According to https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/business/europe/ funding was due to be a staggering €603,706,864 (about £431m) over six years 2014-20. Whether they'll get the last of that is probably in doubt now.
Are they going to get that replaced from a new government ?

I was in Mousehole two weeks ago and noticed a label on a fishing hoist in the harbour that flagged up it had been partially funded by the EU. Nothing major, just one of the little things the EU funds across the country people forget about.
http://www.westbriton.co.uk/what-would- ... story.html
and it's not just Cornwall
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ?CMP=fb_gu

Interesting. nice place Mousehole (used to call it Mouse Hole...).
Much the same in NI, EU funding over last 5 years was 3.5B (billon) Euro and the same figure again offered until 2020, 600m + Euro p/a.

CStanford":hlhwl0ll said:
Nicola Sturgeon? I lost my coffee -- sounds like a name from a Tracy Ullman skit. Then I saw her referred to as BraveTart on some other site and I totally lost it. My abdominals will be sore for three days.

did you know Sturgeon and her ex boyfriend Salmond also do a Krankies Tribute Band Act at weekends and she loves to sing Power Ballads while wearing her trademark 80's style padded shoulder jackets! lol

MIGNAL":13fxb8pr said:
Jake":13fxb8pr said:
RogerS":13fxb8pr said:
But you cannot deny that if the population increase by x% then there will be a corresponding increase in the demand for resources.

It's not a zero sum game, what you need is the right population balance which has enough economically active and productive population to support the inactive (young, old, infirm).

Britain is reproducing at less than replacement rate and has been for some time AND we have a rapidly aging population skew as life expectancy goes up. This is going to cause massive strains within society and the economy if we do close down immigration (hence Farage's 'NHS will have to be privatised to deal with the strains' argument).

Even Farage will eventually need the services of an immigrant ars* wiper. Let's hope it's a Rumanian hobby woodworker armed with a sheet or two of 40 G sandpaper!

Oh let's not disparage Mr. Farage...

phil.p":3lhjzg3z said:
thetyreman":3lhjzg3z said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-cornwall-issues-plea-for-funding-protection-after-county-overwhelmingly-votes-in-favour-of-a7101311.html

Yes. The vast majority of EU money pays large Up country firms (who can afford to lobby) to bring down overpriced staff to build things no one wants. Great for people who know how to work the system. That might give you a clue why the Vote.

Cornish film studio anyone?

Oh sorry, that's now a housing estate.

The biggest number I found associated with that was 6.5m total investment, of which about 2/3 was public money including a large EU grant.* I believe there's a fraud trial either pending or recently concluded, but how it ever got that far isn't a mystery for anyone who watches these things.

I daresay most of the local small businesses would have much preferred that to be spent on giving them a tax holiday and/or helping Cornwall\s young unemployed it would have gone a long way.

E.

*Originally our money, returned minus commissioners' commission, etc.

Claymore":2xo9d8jn said:
CStanford":2xo9d8jn said:
Nicola Sturgeon? I lost my coffee -- sounds like a name from a Tracy Ullman skit. Then I saw her referred to as BraveTart on some other site and I totally lost it. My abdominals will be sore for three days.

did you know Sturgeon and her ex boyfriend Salmond also do a Krankies Tribute Band Act at weekends and she loves to sing Power Ballads while wearing her trademark 80's style padded shoulder jackets! lol

Honestly nothing would surprise me... what great fun and laughs!

Rhossydd":b3xtod11 said:
Noel":b3xtod11 said:
Ref the Cornwall council item, I've been speaking to a few folk (6 or so) in N Cornwall and not one of them knew about the £60m p/a the county was getting.
Actually the figure is higher than that. According to https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/business/europe/ funding was due to be a staggering €603,706,864 (about £431m) over six years 2014-20. Whether they'll get the last of that is probably in doubt now.
Are they going to get that replaced from a new government ?

I was in Mousehole two weeks ago and noticed a label on a fishing hoist in the harbour that flagged up it had been partially funded by the EU. Nothing major, just one of the little things the EU funds across the country people forget about.
http://www.westbriton.co.uk/what-would- ... story.html
and it's not just Cornwall
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ?CMP=fb_gu

They are all _required_ to display the circle of stars prominently as condition of getting the dosh. And it's been enforced, too, in the past.

I have no doubt the irony of the EU funding a fishing hoist isn't lost on the locals one bit. Quite a few of them used to be fishermen...

Not in the slightest as if they were caught in the act ie shooting innocent people in theatres/shops etc then they deserve to hang..... its VERY rare for a criminal to get sentenced to life imprisonment but those that do should hang instead of wasting money on them. Would you rather release Peter Sutcliffe once he has served a few years for being a naughty boy? or once proven guilty just execute him? what about Fred West/Hindley/Brady/Black? have they found any of them innocent? If one of your family was attacked by scum would you just say " Don't be naughty lads" or would you nail them? I personally would do whatever I felt was necessary to even the score and not wait for a judge to release them.[/quote]

Hanging is too boring, strap'em to a few high octane machines and rip'em limb from limb, have a proper nitro circus,

Eric The Viking":3gitzqr5 said:
I have no doubt the irony of the EU funding a fishing hoist isn't lost on the locals one bit. Quite a few of them used to be fishermen...
As a serious fishing port Mousehole's been totally passed by for a very much longer time than we've been in the EU. Newlyn just round the coast has a much bigger harbour and has the transport infrastructure to deal with the catch to the customers.
The hoist really only helps a couple of day boats.

Jacob":1jk0di10 said:
phil.p":1jk0di10 said:
....my point was not that there are millions of idle, thieving immigrants about (although I am tired of the belief that they are all honest downtrodden workers)...
They are not entirely either. They are normal people just like you, me and everybody else.

Hold on Jacob, when were you declared normal? :D

dynax":198g2zy5 said:
Not in the slightest as if they were caught in the act ie shooting innocent people in theatres/shops etc then they deserve to hang..... its VERY rare for a criminal to get sentenced to life imprisonment but those that do should hang instead of wasting money on them. Would you rather release Peter Sutcliffe once he has served a few years for being a naughty boy? or once proven guilty just execute him? what about Fred West/Hindley/Brady/Black? have they found any of them innocent? If one of your family was attacked by scum would you just say " Don't be naughty lads" or would you nail them? I personally would do whatever I felt was necessary to even the score and not wait for a judge to release them.

Hanging is too boring, strap'em to a few high octane machines and rip'em limb from limb, have a proper nitro circus,[/quote]

Now ya talking! I like your style and if we could make it into a new X Game sport then all the better :D I was sharpening my Claymore (battle ready replica of a certain Mr Wallace's) and the local farmer drove past past and shouted "Are ya getting ready for the Wee Tourists" LOL They filmed the movie The Wickerman near my home and going by the locals its actually more like a documentary than a fiction based movie lol
Off to dance in the garden....
Sumer is Icumen in,
Loudly sing, cuckoo!
Grows the seed and blows the mead,
And springs the wood anew;
Sing, cuckoo!
Ewe bleats harshly after lamb,
Cows after calves make moo;
Bullock stamps and deer champs,
Now shrilly sing, cuckoo!
Cuckoo, cuckoo
Wild bird are you;
Be never still, cuckoo! :wink:

stuartpaul":1tpael3g said:
doctor Bob":1tpael3g said:
Got loads done........ just having a quick tea break, the pinapples is strong I see...........
If you don't like or agree with the thread why do you keep viewing it?

I never said I didn't like it, my point was how much time people are wasting saying the same old thing over and over (look at the time lines, they are on here all day) when they could actually DO something, possibly even DO something for someone else, lot of talkers these days, no doers, same for the country......... every one wants to be management and talk about whats wrong.

Good point doctor Bob

I am not going into detail as the discussion concerns your country not mine........ but I think the new Independent Democratic Kindom of Great Britain would gain a lot in the long term if everybody tried to come up with constructive solutions to problems and reasonable compromizes that will be bearable even for your antagoinsts and try to find ways to fix things.
Suddenly all your problems will be solved.

I am pretty sure the harbour crane in Mousehole was financed by EU to less than 30%. Money which originally came to EU from Britain. Some resources will be there whether you belong to EU or not if you learn to utilize them.

Up here in Österbotten we sometimes get a bit of EU money for various projects in our communities but more often we just get together and build what we want from what we can find. Sometimes without building permit in order to reduce costs.
When we want a new quay in the harbour or a new hockey rink or a village hall someone will sponsor the logs and some volunteers will fell the trees and help out at the sawmill and some local engineer will sponsor the drawings and a local contractor will do the excavator work at cost. Gravel will come from an illegal gravelpit transported to the site by local farmers with their tractors. Local voulunteers will do the job led by a local carpenter who wants pay for only one quarter of his workhours. Suddenly we have what we want. No problems.

[/quote]

I'll get in there first Naz, can I have the job of hanging the vermin? nothing would give me more pleasure than stringing scum up. :twisted:[/quote]

Would it worry you when some of them were posthumously found to have been innocent?[/quote]

Not in the slightest as if they were caught in the act ie shooting innocent people in theatres/shops etc then they deserve to hang..... its VERY rare for a criminal to get sentenced to life imprisonment but those that do should hang instead of wasting money on them. Would you rather release Peter Sutcliffe once he has served a few years for being a naughty boy? or once proven guilty just execute him? what about Fred West/Hindley/Brady/Black? have they found any of them innocent? If one of your family was attacked by scum would you just say " Don't be naughty lads" or would you nail them? I personally would do whatever I felt was necessary to even the score and not wait for a judge to release them.[/quote]

Fascinating. Just to be clear are you saying it wouldn't bother you if you hanged someone who posthumously (after you've killed them) was proved to be innocent? And your reason is because they deserved it, whether or not they did it because other people have done bad stuff? There area fair few people found guilty of murder who are later exonerated and released, particularly with DNA evidence, not those you mentioned but still quite a few, 6 from Birmingham and 4 from Guildford spring to mind but there are plenty of others . If you've killed them and they were innocent would their family then be justified in killing you?

Re the Cornwall bit, some of the canvassing was saying that only Transylvania is deemed a poorer area and receives the most subsidy with Cornwall second. Unfortunately I'm going to link Cornwall with Transylvania from now on, so can anyone from Cornwall not post during the hours of darkness as I'm going to make another connection.

Claymore":3qnz0p3a said:
NazNomad":3qnz0p3a said:
This place is going to be unbearable when we have the 'Bring Back Hanging' Referendum.

I'll get in there first Naz, can I have the job of hanging the vermin? nothing would give me more pleasure than stringing scum up. :twisted:
After Ms Sturgeon has given you independence, you of course will only be able to hang Scottish criminals, you wont be allowed to practice in England. Sorry, cross border agreements not in place. I therefore lay claim to the English position. If we make everything more serious than shoplifting a capital crime (that would remain corporal and only subject to a flogging), it will take any doubt away from the criminals the punishment available. If we then change the rope to a bullet they could be offered to sponsorship to cover costs. We would also be outside the realms of European Court of Human Rights so there would be no grounds of appeal above the high court in this country.

Sorted!

Phil

Nicola Sturgeon's claim that its possible to veto brexit, is bluster for the popularity vote. As is a claim a second reforendum for independance would allow Scotland to stay in EU.

EU will note allow Scotland to remain. In theory Scotland could apply to join Europe, not very likely and in any case any new entrants to Europe have to be in the Euro zone. Also there would need to be a border control.

Fandabby Dozy
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 539
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back