Who is in and who is out?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got loads done........ just having a quick tea break, the pinapples is strong I see...........

Wuffles":2thffxxa said:
Something popped up this morning about the Scottish Parliament's consent being required - or something like that, could be made up. Here's a link: https://twitter.com/Jonathan__Leake/sta ... wsrc%5Etfw

Oh jeepers... an interesting find but note the use of the words in there ...'might' ...'believed' etc. That means that someone has to determine legally if "might" really means "can". And who would that be? Ironic if it was the European Court of Justice !

This is just going to run and run and run. And the longer that the doubt and unknowns continue then the closer we come to a recession. Thinking that Parliament will veto the referendum result is, I'm afraid, wishful thinking.

Jacob":27on7817 said:
RogerS":27on7817 said:
Paddy Roxburgh":27on7817 said:
..... hard working tax paying immigrants. ....

True, in theory they all pay tax (I'm assuming you mean income tax) but my understanding is that if they are not living here for a year then when they leave they can apply for a tax refund. Since many of them are seasonal workers and I am also sure that some will play the system, just exactly how many of them pay income tax (that is not refunded back to them) is open to debate.
We all "play the system" one way or another.

Surely not you, Jacob ?

RogerS":2w16e7zx said:
iNewbie":2w16e7zx said:
Paddy Roxburgh":2w16e7zx said:
Phil, the article about "cash point crime" is typical Daily Mail nonsense, a dubious claim often repeated. The source for this information was a single police officer's statement, DCI Paul Bernard, estimating from "intelligence", something based on absolutely no data. Indeed there is no records kept of "cash point crime" and no definition of a "cash point crime", indeed what is a "cash point crime"?
I employ a Romanian lad from time to time, he is hard working and honest, yet is faced with discrimination whenever he tells people where he is from. Sure there are some Romanian criminals, but it's hardly like the streets of London are dangerous because of marauding gags of Romanians. Nearly all football hooligans are white British, the figure is 96% (a figure I made up just now based on "intelligence").

According to Police Professional there is an increase in arrests of Romanians.

http://www.policeprofessional.com/news.aspx?id=26285

That doesn't mean every case is a conviction.

My concern is the wasted time - when they could be doing other things when we're short staffed as it is.

Which pretty much vindicated what Phil P implied and yet got shouted down by some.

from that source a 4% rise each year. "There was a year-on-year increase between 2014 and 2015 of four per cent." There has as you know been more Romanians coming here so is it a surprise that there has been an increase in the amount arrested. If the population of Romanians has doubled and the increase in arrests is 4%. that hardly sounds like an epidemic.

thetyreman":3jef3bof said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-cornwall-issues-plea-for-funding-protection-after-county-overwhelmingly-votes-in-favour-of-a7101311.html

Yes. The vast majority of EU money pays large Up country firms (who can afford to lobby) to bring down overpriced staff to build things no one wants. Great for people who know how to work the system. That might give you a clue why the Vote.

doctor Bob":1id0kd1e said:
Got loads done........ just having a quick tea break, the pinapples is strong I see...........
If you don't like or agree with the thread why do you keep viewing it?

Paddy - my point was not that there are millions of idle, thieving immigrants about (although I am tired of the belief that they are all honest downtrodden workers) but that the ones that are make life unpleasant for millions of others that just want to get on with their lives, and as such it would be good to be able to exclude them. They don't worry me a jot - if I'm going to get robbed, it'll be by one of our own "Gypsies". Like it was last time. And the time before.

Not sure where this is going ?

My next door neighboor was once ripped off badly by a joiner. Now I think all woodworkers are evil and working wood of any type should be baned.

Immigrtation is a massive issue but lets stick to numbers, until recently both Scotrland and Germanys populations were flatlining / decrerasing so they view it all very differently.

If they would have offered us something on immigration it would have easily gone the other way. A lot of talk about the Australian points system but no one mentioned another point about it, they control where immigrants go and live. i know of several school teachers who ended up in Adelaide when they wanted Melbounrne.

phil.p":yyaf5evz said:
....my point was not that there are millions of idle, thieving immigrants about (although I am tired of the belief that they are all honest downtrodden workers)...
They are not entirely either. They are normal people just like you, me and everybody else.

Ref the Cornwall council item, I've been speaking to a few folk (6 or so) in N Cornwall and not one of them knew about the £60m p/a the county was getting. Can't see the council getting anything like that from London in the future.

NazNomad":jz1f7k6e said:
This place is going to be unbearable when we have the 'Bring Back Hanging' Referendum.

I'll get in there first Naz, can I have the job of hanging the vermin? nothing would give me more pleasure than stringing scum up. :twisted:

the reality of population and immigration is that the year I was born, 1970, there was a world population of 3.7bn now it is 7.4bn and rising. We have a disproportionate amount of the worlds resources, of course people want to come here. Some of them are wrongens, most are good people. We can try to pull up the draw bridge, but the mass movement of people is a global phenomena. Over half the population of Jordan are refugees!!
By the way, did you see my earlier link to English and Irish travellers on a crime wave in Bulgaria and Romania? Seems it cuts two ways.

Claymore":3hdlvchi said:
NazNomad":3hdlvchi said:
This place is going to be unbearable when we have the 'Bring Back Hanging' Referendum.

I'll get in there first Naz, can I have the job of hanging the vermin? nothing would give me more pleasure than stringing scum up. :twisted:

Would it worry you when some of them were posthumously found to have been innocent?

All this talk of immigration has got me thinking,For an example if a tiny island cut off from the mainland like Ailsa Craig (off the west coast of Ayrshire) has a total population of 1 Million Gannets with only enough food to feed them and all the cliff nesting places are full.........what happens when another 1 Million Gannets turn up to live on the same island but the food source stays the same and there is no more space for more nests? do we turn them away or do we cull all the elderly Gannets and give their nests to the newcomers or do we say sorry but we are full and can you stay on the mainland as there is much more space for your nests and also more food opportunities. Are we going to cull the British pensioners to make room for outsiders? do we sack all workers over 30 to give the jobs to the young? do we ban the elderly from hospitals to save the beds for the young? do we kick all British children from certain schools because they are a minority who only speak english? where will it all end? Great Britain? nope sadly those days are long gone.
anyone done anything good in their workshop lately are all of you glued to the newspapers and TV nowadays?

RogerS":2bc9dbm1 said:
But you cannot deny that if the population increase by x% then there will be a corresponding increase in the demand for resources.

It's not a zero sum game, what you need is the right population balance which has enough economically active and productive population to support the inactive (young, old, infirm).

Britain is reproducing at less than replacement rate and has been for some time AND we have a rapidly aging population skew as life expectancy goes up. This is going to cause massive strains within society and the economy if we do close down immigration (hence Farage's 'NHS will have to be privatised to deal with the strains' argument).

Paddy Roxburgh":4uo8gsuc said:
Claymore":4uo8gsuc said:
NazNomad":4uo8gsuc said:

Would it worry you when some of them were posthumously found to have been innocent?

Not in the slightest as if they were caught in the act ie shooting innocent people in theatres/shops etc then they deserve to hang..... its VERY rare for a criminal to get sentenced to life imprisonment but those that do should hang instead of wasting money on them. Would you rather release Peter Sutcliffe once he has served a few years for being a naughty boy? or once proven guilty just execute him? what about Fred West/Hindley/Brady/Black? have they found any of them innocent? If one of your family was attacked by scum would you just say " Don't be naughty lads" or would you nail them? I personally would do whatever I felt was necessary to even the score and not wait for a judge to release them.

Noel":3iva2n7g said:
Ref the Cornwall council item, I've been speaking to a few folk (6 or so) in N Cornwall and not one of them knew about the £60m p/a the county was getting.
Actually the figure is higher than that. According to https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/business/europe/ funding was due to be a staggering €603,706,864 (about £431m) over six years 2014-20. Whether they'll get the last of that is probably in doubt now.
Are they going to get that replaced from a new government ?

I was in Mousehole two weeks ago and noticed a label on a fishing hoist in the harbour that flagged up it had been partially funded by the EU. Nothing major, just one of the little things the EU funds across the country people forget about.
http://www.westbriton.co.uk/what-would- ... story.html
and it's not just Cornwall
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ?CMP=fb_gu

Jake":3vmcj4v5 said:
RogerS":3vmcj4v5 said:
But you cannot deny that if the population increase by x% then there will be a corresponding increase in the demand for resources.

It's not a zero sum game, what you need is the right population balance which has enough economically active and productive population to support the inactive (young, old, infirm).

Britain is reproducing at less than replacement rate and has been for some time AND we have a rapidly aging population skew as life expectancy goes up. This is going to cause massive strains within society and the economy if we do close down immigration (hence Farage's 'NHS will have to be privatised to deal with the strains' argument).

Even Farage will eventually need the services of an immigrant ars* wiper. Let's hope it's a Rumanian hobby woodworker armed with a sheet or two of 40 G sandpaper!

MIGNAL":16feto4g said:
Jake":16feto4g said:
RogerS":16feto4g said:

Even Farage will eventually need the services of an immigrant ars* wiper. Let's hope it's a Rumanian hobby woodworker armed with a sheet or two of 40 G sandpaper!

:lol: :shock: that's brought tears to my eyes! any chance of using some 400grit?

Nicola Sturgeon? I lost my coffee -- sounds like a name from a Tracey Ullman skit. Then I saw her referred to as BraveTart on some other site and I totally lost it. My abdominals will be sore for three days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back