Who is in and who is out?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pip1954

Established Member
Reaction score
Just sick and tired of the amount of people flooding this isle.
Yes you have guessed I, m out and proud to say so. =D>
Pip

4.-Me-Too-Kailani-Flat.jpg

Me too,

1) Too much immigration and too little border control
2) The EU has a democratic deficite which is gargantuan....no way to remove the EU Commissioners
3) The deal offered to the UK was derisory and delivered with contempt by the EU
4) The UK is frequently ignored or treated with contempt by the other EU member states..eg Poland dictates social security policy to the UK.
5) We pay too much
6) The EU is dismantling UK establishments which have served us well for 00's of years
7) Britain will have a better economy out of the EU with no EU trade wars because we im port more than we export to them.
8) I'm tired of the silly rules and legislation they force on us

Lets GO soon.

pip1954":vkebflvq said:
Pip

Does that mean we get all the lovely Spanish ex-pats back?

BugBear

The European Commission has announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the EU, rather than German, which was the other contender. Her Majesty's Government conceded that English spelling had room for improvement and has therefore accepted a five-year phasing in of "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make sivil servants jump for joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of the "k", Which should klear up some konfusion and allow one key less on keyboards.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f", making words like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e" is disgrasful.

By the fourth yer, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters. After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and everivun vil find it ezi to understand ech ozer. ZE DREM VIL FINALI COM TRU!

Herr Schmidt

Thing is I really like immigrants. All the ones I meet are interesting and working hard etc. They bring a lot of new cultural life with them. More the merrier. Population movement is generally a good thing. The UK certainly benefits enormously and they help to fill up the lack of skills - do the work and pay the taxes.

I'd be more worried about all those expats from the Dordogne being returned - imagine them all here - moaning about house prices, the weather, the wine, the food!
Worse still all those geriatric gangsters from the costas. Let Spain keep them we don't want them here.

Jacob":372vkw5y said:
Thing is I really like immigrants. All the ones I meet are interesting and working hard etc. They bring a lot of new cultural life with them. More the merrier. Population movement is generally a good thing. The UK certainly benefits enormously and they help to fill up the lack of skills - do the work and pay the taxes.

I'd be more worried about all those expats from the Dordogne being returned - imagine them all here - moaning about house prices, the weather, the wine, the food!
Worse still all those geriatric gangsters from the costas. Let Spain keep them we don't want them here.

I would think the quality of immigrant in Central Derbyshire is somewhat different from the immigrant in a Kentish town especially those who have snuck themselves over the Channel

How many 6'2" males with more facial growth than Brian Blessed claiming to be 13 are there in Derbyshire

bugbear":1gpejcbr said:
pip1954":1gpejcbr said:
Pip

Does that mean we get all the lovely Spanish ex-pats back?

BugBear

I thought our prisons are full - /Posted on behalf of Bonnie Riggs.

katellwood":3kdwhvsk said:
Jacob":3kdwhvsk said:

I would think the quality of immigrant in Central Derbyshire is somewhat different from the immigrant in a Kentish town especially those who have snuck themselves over the Channel

How many 6'2" males with more facial growth than Brian Blessed claiming to be 13 are there in Derbyshire

Unfortunately far too many

>How many 6'2" males with more facial growth than Brian Blessed claiming to be 13 are there in Derbyshire

Probably a lot fewer than those claiming to be female!

There are cogent arguments to made in favour of some immigration. There are also cogent arguments to be made that too much of it is not a good thing.

The best way to settle the arguments is by proper debate in Parliament, the decisions being made by people accountable through the ballot box to those they govern, and not as the unintended consequence of a supra-national treaty forced on us by people we didn't elect and can't hold to account. The same applies to many other matters.

The most cogent argument for immigration/emigration is that it is democracy voting with it's feet. People move away from unsustainable lives towards what they hope will be better ones. Things are so bad in many places that the risk of drowning at sea is regarded as worth it.
Any amount of debate will make no difference unless influence is brought to bear on the causes, foreign govts, famine, war etc.
The EU (with us in) will have greater power and influence than individual states.
People move because of political and economic failure not of their own making, and so they should if that's the last resort.

Jacob":3kop6g2n said:
People move because of political and economic failure not of their own making, and so they should if that's the last resort.

I cannot see this being an argument re immigration from EU member states, they come because the grass is greener on this side of the channel. Our elected Parliament should be addressing this more effectively and to the greater good of UK Citizens instead they just paying lip service to it.

In relation to Asylum, this should be temporary until it is deemed safe for refugees to return to their home country and not just stay infinitum.

Jacob":1m0ukbm8 said:
The most cogent argument for immigration/emigration is that it is democracy voting with it's feet.

Not cogent at all.

Does that mean if I prefer your house to mine, I can just move in?

BugBear

Jacob - you're (probably deliberately) confusing two different issues, namely the free movement of labour within the borders of the EU, and the Middle Eastern/North African migrant crisis.

My comment concerned the former.

Cheshirechappie":3dfqd63f said:
Jacob - you're (probably deliberately) confusing two different issues, namely the free movement of labour within the borders of the EU, and the Middle Eastern/North African migrant crisis.

My comment concerned the former.
Deliberately.
They merge together, boundaries aren't clear. There's a lot of population movement going on for a variety of (related) reasons. You'd expect Brexiters to support them as they claim to be asserting the power of the common man against the tyranny of undemocratic agencies.

to be honest I am surprised at the amount of people I know who want to get out of Europe, it disturbs me, I think conservatives are deliberately saying they want to stay in just so you vote to get out, and it seems to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back