Who is in and who is out?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paddy Roxburgh":1u6bxq31 said:
Benchwayze":1u6bxq31 said:
Paddy Roxburgh

Please go to page 104 of this thread and read my post there, about immigration.
I defended Hiemlaga and Phil.p because I am not naive, and I do appreciate bad eggs can be found in any basket. I had no reason to disbelieve those two members, so I expressed how I felt, regardless of the fact I am also 'relaxed' about immigration.
So again, please read my post on page 104.

John

John, I've read that , I wrote you a long reply on the same page, I understand that you are absolutely not a racist and am greatly heartened by that fact.

NP Paddy :)

Jacob":pjz5lbfy said:
Stupid remark.

I was joking, and yes, it was a stupid remark. As are all the remarks here about race and religion.#

Listening to the news on Radio 4 yesterday, the commentator mentioned that shortly after the referendum vote two of the most popular search terms on Google UK were 'What is Brexit' and 'What is the EU'. Well, on the bright side, at least they were trying to find out some information. But even so....

This is also referenced in an article in the Evening Standard.

Assuming this to be true, rather depressing.

Sitting here at my desk about 200m away from the Bank of England, I have had three conversations today with young people (25-30 ish) who are appalled by the out vote and the lack or preparation for the consequences of it. The inward looking tories and the falling out labour parties are not inspiring them with confidence.

A few minutes ago my receptionist put an expensively printed 8 page colour brochure on my desk from the City of London Corporation, called taking steps - how city organisations can help tackle youth unemployment. It is full of nonsense about job creation at a time when every financial firm I have come across in my professional dealings has put some level of freeze on hiring, and most have activated plans to move jobs out of London into mainland Europe.

When you look as an insider into what has been going on in the trading floors over the past few days you see that investors have been taking full advantage of the massive drop in share prices and buying up stocks cheaply. Many people hedged their bets by selling in the run up to the vote, staying liquid until the market collapsed then getting back in. Financial markets like volatility. It potentially makes money but does not necessarily make UK jobs.

These are three different points. I am not trying to draw conclusions or a common theme, just commenting. One Director who came over to chat to me today said if the British people could vote again, the outcome would probably be very different. He thinks it is reasonable after the events of the last few days for us to have an "are you sure?" second vote. Personally I think this is a good idea.

This thread needs pulling by the Mods as its getting into a slagging off match between members with a few who certainly must make soapboxes with all the preaching they do and cannot accept that other people might disagree with their garbage......... I suggest they go and do some woodwork or better still become an MP and leave this site to what its intended Woodworking and Workshops.

1625 posts on one thread that has nothing to do with workshops is ridiculous and nothing positive will come of it.

yup....you're right....time has come...nothing new now, its just going down hill. Thanks for the contributions folks and for mostly keeping it civil but I'm going to lock it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back