Lidl power tools this week.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
transatlantic":1edoxmbp said:
The larger 2 have a black hex nut, anyone know what that is for? .. I was wondering if it was to maybe adjust them? but below that is has 2 rivets, so that wouldn't work.
Loosen off that allen bolt (it's not a nut) and there is a small amount of play in the blade. As long as you have a good reference, you can adjust them to properly square.
I bought a set, the largest one was a little out, but easily brought to acceptably true against my M&W square, the smaller two seemed as close as I could measure.
OK I wouldn't expect to do high precision work with them, but for a couple of quid each are amazing value for money and I'm sure will be useful to have around, but I wouldn't recommend anyone buy them as their only squares.

The built in spirit levels aren't much use though.

Rhossydd":30t7gek8 said:
transatlantic":30t7gek8 said:
The larger 2 have a black hex nut, anyone know what that is for? .. I was wondering if it was to maybe adjust them? but below that is has 2 rivets, so that wouldn't work.
Loosen off that allen bolt (it's not a nut) and there is a small amount of play in the blade. As long as you have a good reference, you can adjust them to properly square.
I bought a set, the largest one was a little out, but easily brought to acceptably true against my M&W square, the smaller two seemed as close as I could measure.
OK I wouldn't expect to do high precision work with them, but for a couple of quid each are amazing value for money and I'm sure will be useful to have around, but I wouldn't recommend anyone buy them as their only squares.

The built in spirit levels aren't much use though.

Good to know. Thanks

I bought the multi tool today for a specific job I have comming up. For 29.99 if it lasts more than one job it will be money well spent.

I haven't been able to test it yet but it seems robust and well built.

BAUFIX All-Purpose Thinner
Poured some in this Yoghurt container last night to clean paint brush
Sure is corrosive :oops:

This morning !

RU5NfMch.jpg

bL0wDTHh.jpg

Yes a mix of stronger organic solvent will tend to have a very nice solvent action on plastics! I think from the look of it your yoghurt container is styrene (recycling symbol 6, PS), which is actually one of the easier plastics to dissolve.

Some 'waxy' plastics, e.g. HDPE and PP, stand up to stronger solvent better but a mixture is a challenge to any plastic so glass or metal containers are the only safe option.

Just bought the larger Try Square Set, 2-piece #-o
In my opinion too flimsy for marking good right- angle lines; spirit level on the smaller one is way out too; not that I would ever consider using it
The base is way too short -- so a waste of six quid

My apologies Herr Lidl; I have been using Try Squares today, they're not too bad :oops:

Graham Orm":3qzse52b said:
Does the thinner work with cellulose?

No idea but at the rip off prices charged for a small tin of cellulose thinners it may be worth trying on something non critical?

Cheers for that Naz. Just what I've been after mate, just didn't want to pay top dollar for a bosch one to fit my c/s but I've been using an old electrical cover I salvaged from a building refurb I was on.... All sorts of headaches with the motor hitting clamp heads and so on. Fit, refit ad infinitum. :|
Perfect timing fella!

kostello":1g329mum said:
lurker":1g329mum said:
I am going after the battery circular saw. Does anyone have one?
I got one last year and it works fine......maybe a but underpowered but only £40 so can't complain...

I picked one up on the way into work.
I was there before opening time and at least on other person picked one up in the 5 minutes I was in the shop.
Its about the size shape & layout of a (borrowed) Bosch one I have been using for serveral weeks, that did not like to be pushed either, you have to take your time.

I ran the saw out of my car boot, no load of course but is seems well balanced.
I already have the drill in the same range so now have 2 batteries even if the saw turns out to be no good
The drill (lots of those in today too) is very good if anyone is after one, initially the chuck wasnt too grippy and I thought i had bought a lemon but its fine now.

Wizard9999":fqoi2vx6 said:
lurker":fqoi2vx6 said:
biskit":fqoi2vx6 said:
I half fancy the belt sander for £29.99 :?

What belt sander ?
I can't see that

Well, not on the website, but they had a few in my local Lidl an hour ago. Maybe left over from a previous offer?

Terry.

I bought one. Seems to be ok but it is QUITE noisy. It's got variable speed and can be mounted on bench. I've build my own bench so it is right angle to the bottom.Not the best design but it works well for me :D

Attachments

• Belt_Sander_5259.JPG
    Belt_Sander_5259.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,762
Picked up a couple of the rails this morning. Lightweight in a good way but they clamp firmly to the bench top. Can't compare because it's the only one I've used but for a tenner I'd say excellent value. I'm planing the bench legs against one now and it's not shifting at all. Nice low profile, well pleased.

Bm101":2flxyl58 said:
Picked up a couple of the rails this morning. Lightweight in a good way but they clamp firmly to the bench top. Can't compare because it's the only one I've used but for a tenner I'd say excellent value. I'm planing the bench legs against one now and it's not shifting at all. Nice low profile, well pleased.

Good to read that as I've been thinking to get some. Hope they will still have some after I finish at work.

Just picked up a couple of the guide rails. Aa bm101 says, light weight, seem strong, good clamping mechanism with fairly large clamping surface . Would have bought another couple if pennies weren't so tight.

Just gave the saw a test run.
Max depth of cut is 50mm went through a scrap of oak full depth without a struggle.
Seems well balanced and vibration free.
It will be useful for cutting sheet and away from a power source
Added bonus is the battery fits the drill I bought a while back.

Back