Lidl power tools this week.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thinner is xylene. I always buy a tin when they have it in. Good for all sorts of things besides thinning paint.

That caulk gun must be easy to use, even a woman can do it..........what, sexist, me? It's their picture, I just pointed it out.

Kadushu":12u6yk4j said:
The thinner is xylene. I always buy a tin when they have it in. Good for all sorts of things besides thinning paint.
Isn't it a mixture? It does contain xylene but I'm sure I remember it having a few others solvents in there.

ED65":4ntbxt7g said:
Kadushu":4ntbxt7g said:
Isn't it a mixture? It does contain xylene but I'm sure I remember it having a few others solvents in there.

Yes it's a mixture of some sort but it's pretty good stuff for the price. I always make sure I have some in stock on the shelf. It's nothing like white spirit by the way.

sitefive":39izsagd said:
are those carpenter square at £5.99 any good?
I was going to say a quick something about those. I suppose it's like any type of try square these days but you can't assume they are square.

I bought a set of the aluminium squares a few years back and had to take them back as they were badly out. Got replacements, the small one I realised too late was out a little but the other was fine and I have it hanging from my tool rack.

Planning to go Monday and check out the carpenter square

Graham Orm":1lqvwhwx said:
That caulk gun must be easy to use, even a woman can do it..........what, sexist, me? It's their picture, I just pointed it out.

Ah but does she know how to refill it? or even what goes in it? :lol: her indoors would use it to ice a cake :roll:

Just bought the larger Try Square Set, 2-piece #-o
In my opinion too flimsy for marking good right- angle lines; spirit level on the smaller one is way out too; not that I would ever consider using it
The base is way too short -- so a waste of six quid

For no particular reason I got the Angled Saw Guide -- another £6
Quite substantial in the size and weight department, a good purchase :) :D
This will be used as my large lipped try square; regularly re-set to a known 90

For sweet I purchased a carton of custard and 6 apple pies in a box

lurker":2lh5wgkw said:
biskit":2lh5wgkw said:
I half fancy the belt sander for £29.99 :?

What belt sander ?
I can't see that

Well, not on the website, but they had a few in my local Lidl an hour ago. Maybe left over from a previous offer?

Terry.

Cordy":36t6vt4f said:
Just bought the larger Try Square Set, 2-piece #-o
In my opinion too flimsy for marking good right- angle lines; spirit level on the smaller one is way out too; not that I would ever consider using it
The base is way too short -- so a waste of six quid

For no particular reason I got the Angled Saw Guide -- another £6
Quite substantial in the size and weight department, a good purchase :) :D
This will be used as my large lipped try square; regularly re-set to a known 90

For sweet I purchased a carton of custard and 6 apple pies in a box

I purchased the 3 piece. Haven't gotten around to testing them yet, but even if they are out of square, they make for good rulers (the marks are indented so shouldn't rub off easily). The larger 2 have a black hex nut, anyone know what that is for? .. I was wondering if it was to maybe adjust them? but below that is has 2 rivets, so that wouldn't work.

I also purchased the angle saw guide as it seemed pretty beefy for £6.

I may go back for the rope. I'm always looking for something strong to tie up the dead bodies.

Latest posts

Back