Your latest purchase hidden from SWMBO

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lurker":25u4f64h said:
AJB Temple":25u4f64h said:
She is addicted to buying garden plants ...

I have a work colleague whose wife has a national collection of snowdrops.
I once saw him close to tears when he heard she had spent £80 .........for........one...........single...........bulb :lol:
Obviously a bit mean for a true galanthophile! The really rare ones are into the £ 100s! Don't know how many varieties there are in total but one garden near here has 120.

I'm on the side of the wives!

Seriously, I've seen plenty of men put the family home at risk in order to give up a proper job and indulge their obsessions, and woodworking's no different. There are furniture makers out there who earn a pittance (actually nearly all furniture makers earn a pittance!), but there are some who've gambled everything on the hope that the numbers will miraculously work out differently for them.

Mine was those Japanese saws from Lidl and some Lie Nielsen cabinet scrapers. I can generally get away with more if I buy from eBay though.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Mine isn't interested in money and doesn't query anything (up until now anyway), but I like to fully research any purchase and would always discuss anything expensive - then still buy it. :lol:

I can afford what I've bought - We don't really hide stuff from each other, just find the right moment to break it gently!!

My mate has just bought a 60k RR Sport, he hasn't told his wife yet, she won't find out until its on the drive apparently.

Mark-numbers":2lfy8hwk said:
My mate has just bought a 60k RR Sport, he hasn't told his wife yet, she won't find out until its on the drive apparently.

I didn't know Rolls Royce made a "Sport" model.

Benchwayze":jvte0sh5 said:
novocaine":jvte0sh5 said:
I want to buy a new key of C harmonica, it's only £16 but I'm still uming and aring about it.

Chromatic or Diatonic? Just wondering! :D

diatonic. :)
glad I didn't now, as the boiler has sprung a leak (not the wife, the actual boiler)

should have, then you could give us a song about it sitting in a nice rocker on the front steps :)

Reminds me of the Simpsons where the old boy is in the corner of the cell playing the theme from one of the well known westerns when Homer gets gaoled. What are you in for? says Homer. Atmosphere, says the old guy. :lol:

How many folk singers does it take to change a light bulb? Five. One to change the bulb, and four to sing about how good the old one was. :D

you ain't heard me play.
I introduce every song. not because it's what you do, but because then I stand a slim chance the the listeners will be able to identify it.

Latest posts

Back