Year 11 Pens FINISHED!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Finally got the pens finished for my English class who leave school in three weeks' time! Decided I should really give them to pupils in my Media Studies class too...so here they all are: 48 pens, plus an extra one just in case I've miscounted!

DSC_0002-1.jpg

The later ones are definitely better than the first few I made - it's nice to see I've made progress. Most of them are made of yew, the other woods are mahogany, jarrah, oak, teak, purpleheart and spalted beech. There are a few resin pens and even one made of fimo!

Giving them out tomorrow so my class use them for their mock exam - kind aren't I?

Now to finish the marking I should have done at the start of the holiday...

Well done - a great idea,and very well executed to boot (still think some of your home-cast resin ones are in a league of their own :D )

Andrew

Well done Stewart they all look great, how will you hand them out without a fight breaking out, (Oh I wanted that one :cry: ). Best of luck you have done a great job, should get top marks from Year 11 8)

Hi Stewart,
Excellent job! Well done.
Being married to a teacher, it never ceases to amaze me the unselfish acts that members of your profession perform on a regular basis.

Hat off to you sir,

Malc :D

I don't know which I admire most, the pens or your tenacity. Are you giving them out individually or letting them fight over them? :lol:

Pete

Well done Stewart,

A great idea that needs a lot of commitment to carry out.

All are very well made with a few really outstanding gems. I guess selecting the best is very much personal preference but I think you have some very lucky students.

Best wishes, let us know how they are received.

Mike C

Thanks for the great comments!

I'm sitting in my class now watching them write answers to their mock literature exam and everyone of them is using their new pen - a nice sight.

I gave them out individually to stop fights breaking out - the appreciation from the class was fantastic...nearly tear inducing...

It was well worth the effort!

oh, well, back to my invigilating...

well done stewart,i think you did a very grand job. you will also notice their spelling and writing will improve from now on. ( thats what i tell them anyway ) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back