Yandles Self Select Pricing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brdy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, im looking into a potential project and was wondering if anyone has been to yandles lately and seen the prices of their timber.

I know it varies from board to board but i have zero idea of cost currently so anything will help.

Im looking at a particular picture of walnut, which looks to me like its Walnut 150+mm wide, 25-50mm thick and around 2m long.

Thanks.

Attachments

• walnut.png
    walnut.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Black walnut is really expensive. I pay £130 cuft for rough sawn but would expect more like £200 planed all round
8ft x 6" x 1" is 1/3 of a cuft

Black walnut is really expensive. I pay £130 cuft for rough sawn but would expect more like £200 planed all round
8ft x 6" x 1" is 1/3 of a cuft
Thanks for this, so expect to pay approx £70 for the board in question?

How does this compare with oak?

Thanks.

Around twice the price for rough sawn but if you are buying planed all round (PAR) it cost the same to plane most species.
If buying planed material as shown, have a good look at the surface as some places will just rush it through without considering grain or the state of the planer blades which can give some bad tear out. The advantage is that its much easier to see the grain and any small shakes defects etc

Around twice the price for rough sawn but if you are buying planed all round (PAR) it cost the same to plane most species.
If buying planed material as shown, have a good look at the surface as some places will just rush it through without considering grain or the state of the planer blades which can give some bad tear out. The advantage is that its much easier to see the grain and any small shakes defects etc
Much appreciated for the help.

Back