Yandles is there a meet up?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys
Just to let you know I'm in a different place from last time. You'll find me by the counter in the main shop (in the warm and dry!) next to the Record stuff.
See you all over the weekend.
Terry.

Hi All
Had a great time at the Show today-cheers to everyone that met up (and to Terry for putting up with the UKWorkshop Horde! :lol: )
As usual some great bargains to be had and the usual suspects to meet and greet. I brought along plenty of grease to help a few a little further down the slope (you know who you are hand plane purchasers! :wink: )
Even bumped into a certain Mr. Godfrey (inventor of the Woodrat)on the way out-He's exactly like in the video :lol: :lol:
All in all, a good day! We even left some (but not many) bargains for the Saturday crew :lol:
"Highlight of the day"-Waka going home almost empty handed :lol: When you got everything, whats left to buy? :wink: :lol: Mind you-he made up for it by goaded other members into expensive purchases! Well done that Man! \:D/
Photo's to follow,
Cheers
Philly :D

Yes a relaxing and pleasant day out. Glad to see some of the faces, don't know if I will be able to remember which name belongs where though in a couple of weeks time.

Returned home like most others with a somewhat lighter wallet but well satisfied with the gains.

Most impressed with the Stall Holders and associated 'experts' not one who was asked for advice came on with the hard sell and several even talked me out of purchases they did not consider necessary and advised on what I needed even if it was from a rival company.

A great bunch of people to mix with and finished articles and skills demonstrations to drool over.

Yandles will definitely be a stopping off point on any trips though Somerset in the future.

Well what a great day at Yandles. It is very pleasant to meet up and see the real person behind the Forum codenames. I have never stopped off at Yandles before and I was pleasantly surprised at the number of stands and everyone was very helpful and pleasant.
I managed to sell some planes and a large bench vise and gained £165 which very quickly got frittered away on a Record planer/thicknesser and some absolutely gorgeous Yew. The planer is to replace the two I currently own. Axminster ct330 +extra blades or 6" Kity anyone? All this cost just to gain a little extra space to fill up with something else.
If you are going on Saturday, be sure to take plenty of cash for an excellent day out.

Regards Aldel

Devonwoody had a very pleasant day and was pleased to meet up with the people who had previously only been names.
Thank you Philly for the nice cup of tea.
Didnt spend too much
But got caught in a storm on the way home, 2" of sleet & hail and it needed a householder to come out with a spade before we could move off on a hill.

My best buy 12 pieces of oak (offcuts) around a square foot each @ 25p each.

Philly":dhdbk0vn said:
Hi All
Had a great time at the Show today-cheers to everyone that met up (and to Terry for putting up with the UKWorkshop Horde! :lol: )
As usual some great bargains to be had and the usual suspects to meet and greet. I brought along plenty of grease to help a few a little further down the slope (you know who you are hand plane purchasers! :wink: )

A good day indeed and thanks for helping me buy that Veritas smoother Philly! :wink: :wink: :D :D :shock:

O.k.-some photo's.........
2005_0417yandles-plane0008.jpg

Don't like the way Terry is giglling to himself,there..... :lol:
2005_0417yandles-plane0009.jpg

You can't hide from my camera, Devonwoody! :wink:
2005_0417yandles-plane0010.jpg

The in-famous Yandles cuppa!

Pete-glad you like the smoother-it is a great plane (and a great price-cheers Martin!)
Best regards

Oh-and I forgot these.......
2005_0417yandles-plane0001.jpg

Classic Hand Tools had some Lie-nielsen stuff for sale....
2005_0417yandles-plane0004.jpg

As well as some older stuff (stop drooling at the back! :lol: )
2005_0417yandles-plane0006.jpg

Mike working out how much he can squeeze out of me :wink:
He had some great tools-I especially loved the Woodjoy and Colen Clenton stuff :twisted:

And my fave photo-please add your own caption.......
2005_0417yandles-plane0003.jpg

"Whats that man doing bowing down in front of the Lie-Nielsens??"

Cheers

My caption is =

My table top looks like Phillys avator :p

Also in the Clifton planes picture that Philly took is the prototype L/A block plane expected to be released later this year

Oh Philly, thanks once again for footing the tea :wink:

Sawdust Producer":2yi0gfnn said:
Also in the Clifton planes picture that Philly took is the prototype L/A block plane expected to be released later this year
The close-up picture of which can be found... where? Please tell me someone thought to take a better picture of it? [-o<

Cheers, Alf

Do you know I lugged a camera around with me all day but did not think of taking a picture of the new plane by Cilco

It did look like a ugly duckling to me as it did not have that polished rib like the bigger cliftons (front) have but Mike of Clifton Planes did say that the production block planes will have the polished rib
Norris blade adjuster and mouth adjustment and I don't know what the part is called it is having a wooden thingy instead of a brass (LN) one please tell me what it is called

Did feel heavier than the LN equivalent Oh! nice thick blade

Philly did you take picture of it?

Sawdust Producer":3qfrk8os said:

Which, I would add feels "just right" in my hand - the wooden handle (? - I'm not au fait with all the techy terms yet) is just so much warmer than the usual metal. At about £75ish it looks like a relatively cheap way to get into Clifton ownership.

Pete

PS Philly, I can almost feel you pushing me down that slipprty slope... :wink: :D :shock:

O.k.-block plane news......
First-blown up piccy!
blockclifton.jpg

The plane is a preproduction mock up. It is based on a stanley casting-so not quite how the real deal will look. There is indeed a norris style adjuster and the cap iron is covered in a piece of wood-feels nice in the hand and an interesting idea! Nice one Clifton!
The plane worked nice and Mike says they are pushing to get the plane into production (He said something about trying to squeeze money out of Alan Reid to get the tooling, moulds, etc sorted :lol: )
So there's one to look forward to! Sorry about the pictures-I saw this one at Ally Pally the other month. Must of got overlooked what with all the Littlerat excitement! (did I mention I met Martin Godfrey at Yandles?? :roll: )
Cheers

Philly":1w7u6sp9 said:
Sorry about the pictures-I saw this one at Ally Pally the other month.
You useless gloater, you. :roll: #-o

The wooden lever cap is... interesting. And Norris adjustment eh? Bit of a departure for Clifton.

Cheers, Alf

Sorry bout that! :roll:
The plane is interesting-felt good in the hand, and that wood.......
Look forward to seeing a production model (not that I need another block plane, mind you :lol: )
Cheers
Blockhead :D

Ummm.... Philly...

do you normally subject your pics to the ravages of pyrotechnics...???

<duckin....

:p

Latest posts

Back